Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gum tree

Options
  • 17-04-2007 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Can i pls ask for someones advice here. I am after a Pioneer deck of CDJ 1000 and i found some on Gum Tree http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/69/9151769.html Now they are down for 600Euro which is very cheap. so i emailed the seller and i have discovered that this person is from spain when they replied to my email. So i said to them that i find this advert suspicious. so she replied that if i cover the cost and when i recieve the item then i can send the rest. Now she is looking for my address to calculate postage. Can any one pls advise me if they think that this is sus????
    thanks
    kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

It's definitely suspicious. Why is this person advertising in Dublin? Why would they be so trusting? How do they expect you to put your faith in them to send the items? :confused:

I suppose you could chance it if freightage isn't dear but it would be a double gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

Fnz wrote:
    It's definitely suspicious. Why is this person advertising in Dublin? Why would they be so trusting? How do they expect you to put your faith in them to send the items? :confused:

I suppose you could chance it if freightage isn't dear but it would be a double gamble.

postage is 300euro with insurance from madrid to limerick a bit ott. They want the money transfer throught money gram???? this can be done through bank of ireland. If things are fraulient, can i get my money back like with paypal????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its a scam, the same person has 600 Wii for €2000 for sale on there aswell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

definitely a scam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

gumtree.ie is mostly a scam, its owned by ebay and shouldnt be like that.
    Look in the mobile section and you would laugh with the prices of phones.
    There toooo cheap to be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from Bargain Alerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

I have bought hundreds of items fromm gumtree and never had a bad experience there

just use your brains and you will be fine

collect items in person

dont accept dodgy payments or pay people in other countries (esp africa)

pay cash on delivery or when you get your item etc

obviously if you see a new 42" plasma tv for 50euro........

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

even if the person looked legit i wouldn't do it because they want moneygram

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    even if the person looked legit i wouldn't do it because they want moneygram

And because it was a year and a half ago.

Never send money to anyone by Western Union, Moneygram or bank transfer, unless you know the person, and/or completely trust them. Some anonymous person on the Internet looking for direct cash transfer is ALWAYS a scammer. OK, they're not always a scammer, but you'll be better off assuming that they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

They do the same with dogs.

They email you with bad english and asked for postage costd etc.

Actually tried to get me to send my car to africa lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement