Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wipers Sometimes working on 05 Golf

Options
  • 17-04-2007 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am having issues with my wipers on a 05 Golf since last week. Basically the wipers are on the blink.. Last week they didnt work first thing but worked later in the day.. then this morning driving to work the would not work at all.. I've just checked them again now and they work? The water pumps out fine all the time and the rear wiper works all the time too.. any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Could be a fault with the wiper control unit, wiper motor or possibly with the switch - it's hard to say without testing it. If it's 2005 it could still be under manufacturers warranty. There is currently a recall on Passats - something to do with a wiper motor cap that needs to be fitted to prevent wiper motor failure after heavy rainfall. I don't know if this has any bearing on the Golf wiper motor, but sometimes such a part may be the same on both models.

EDIT : I just checked on vagcat and the wiper motors on a Golf are different to a Passat - so most likely the problem with the Passat wiper motor won't apply to your Golf.

Advertisement