Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed on LCD TV for beginner

• 17-04-2007 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all

any help would be greatly apprecaited

i bought a place to move into and now need to get a tv. was looking at lcd and to spend approx 1200-1400 on a lcd tv apprx 40". what would be good value for money?

also where is good to buy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

2 options when it comes to buying a lcd.

1. You could buy off a local store here in Ireland - i.e dixons, etc

2. Or you could buy off a website in England and save yourself a huge amount of money.

However there is one huge problem with option 2 - lcds are prone to faults and you can run into huge problems when trying to return it to the company in England.

My advice - if you can afford to spend a bit extra, then buy off a store in Ireland for piece of mind. - Dont necessarily buy off one of the high street retailers - i.e dixons. Local AV stores will regularly offer better service and give great advice

In terms of the tv, you say you have 1200-1400 to spend. It all depends on what you are going to use the tv for. Will it be for xbox360, ps3, sky, dvds etc. If you can tell me exactly what you are going to use it for, i can then give you some advice on what to get.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 crennicks

thanks for your help!!

ill be using it mostly for digital tv, ps2 and dvds

ive no problem buying from a store really, i know its a bit more expensive but will give me peace of mind!!

so you will be using it mainly for sd sources. With that in mind, i recommend you wait a week or two for the panasonic tx32lxd70 - it is said to have the best sd performance ever for an lcd tv of that size.... review:
    http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Panasonic-TX32LXD70/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 crennicks

i was looking for about a 40" tv

thinl 32 is a bit small!

well if you are intent on getting a tv of that size, i would recommend that you get a plasma. They are far better than lcd for sd sources. Consider getting the panasonic px70 in either 37 or 42 inch sizes.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement