Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dabs\parcel force problems?

Options
  • 17-04-2007 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

anyone having problems with parcel force?

dabs have stopped putting my phone number on deliveries for some reason, and the guy had trouble finding me, so i had to contact gls and give them my mobile number, and i got the parcel the next day.... missing half its contencts, didnt even notice that it had been opened

i let it slide,

but now someone called michelle accepted delivery of another parcel for me yesterday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Parcelforce use GLS here, which are the most incompetent shower of ********* going. Each time I hear a package I've ordered has been shipped with Parcelforce, I known when I do a track and track, it'll have been on a Merrygoround through the various depots. This time is no exception, I'm waiting on a parcel for a week now which was to have had 48 hour delivery, and it's been all over Ireland.

Better yet, if you want to contact GLS, you have to use a premium rate number they don't answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

After ringing the head office, and being told I had no option but to phone the premium number, I snapped and asked to speak to a manager. I eventually was told to ring the driver myself, and given a mobile number. What a joke! The good news is he says he *should* be with me today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Tivoli wrote:
    i let it slide,
    So they opened the box, lost half your stuff, and you let them away with it? I'd refuse to pay anything for that kind of service.
    but now someone called michelle accepted delivery of another parcel for me yesterday
    I take it Michelle doesn't live at your house and you suspect your parcel has been delivered to the wrong address then?

Don't let it slide this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

got the parcel , wait for it.... michelle works next door to a shop owned by my brother in the same town, luckily there are no other shops run by people with the same surname as me.

so they handed my €204 parcel to a woman who says she knows the owners of the shop next door (yet she didn't cop the fact he has a different first name to that on the parcel)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The GLS depot in Cork is at 021 4297560

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Well my experience of GLS wasn't that good either but not nearly as bad as half the reports u can get on boards.ie.

Checked the tracker sent out for delivery in the morning...no sign of it.
    Late next day it arrives.
    GLS guy hammers on the glass (there is a door u know).
    Just gives me the parcel without asking for anything like name or signature.
    Out of curiousity i check the online tracking and its still reported as been sent out for delivery!

*Mentally notes to stick to companies that use An Post as the courier. For some reason An Post are much more proficent with service than GLS in the West.

Advertisement