Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations on Garden Fencing Supply and Fit

Options
  • 17-04-2007 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi,

Am hoping to get the garden fenced off. At the moment there is hedging as the previous owner was an avid gardener. Is there anyone that would both remove the hedging and fit the fencing.

Thanks,

Al.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

I recently put up a fence but planted a hedge around it too! :) i like the idea of the privacy it will provided when its up...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Hedged gardens are much better for wildlife, birds nest in them and all kinds of butterflies and insects find them a haven. I would think twice before ripping the hedge out as they also provide much better wind protection than a solid fence which usually create damaging turbulence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

Thanks for nothing folks. If youre that concerned about the wildlife stick to the Green Issues area. I was just hoping for some help in getting rid of the hedges. Its something I dont have a choice in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

CJhaughey wrote:
    Hedged gardens are much better for wildlife, birds nest in them and all kinds of butterflies and insects find them a haven. I would think twice before ripping the hedge out as they also provide much better wind protection than a solid fence which usually create damaging turbulence.

I thought you were dead or more worrying you can still speak crap in thew afterlife!!:D

Seriously though, depending on the preferred fence type, removing hedge is not such a big deal. Having said that, I saw Grisellinia stumps recently and they were almost 900mm diameter.

There are a range of styles and finish qualities available. Wheteher this be post and panel, custom build. Other factor such as site conditions all have a bearing.

Good quality fencing (supply+fit) would be starting € 80.00 - € 100.00/m.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

No Probs;)
    Its very dry right now, I suggest going out and pouring a good dollop of kerosene around the roots of all the hedging light that sucker with some old newspaper and stand back.
    When all the ashes are cool rake them into a heap and dispose of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

Can you come over and sit on top of the hedge while I strike the match ?

Muppet !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mikomc

I too had issues with hedging...get chopping then put it all in a mulcher as big auld branches are a pain to get rid of. then give the mulch to your neighbours or use it on your own garden etc...its great.

Dude don't get caught doing the burning thing, a neighbour of mine tried that and the cops came up and etc...

Advertisement