Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wow, quick!

• 17-04-2007 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

My 360 died on Sunday, with the red lights of death. :mad: I rang customer care last night at nine and, after being on hold for about fifteen minutes, talked to a rep. She told me that they'd send a label and I was to put my 360 (sans HDD) into a box and put the label on it. I assumed that this would take a few days.

I'm in college now and my Mum (who's off work today) just rang to say that a guy was there to pick up my 360. They're really efficient! It's not like I kicked up a fuss on the phone. Then again, why wouldn't they be, they must take in about fifty 360s for repairs every day...

I voiced my feelings of betrayal on Microsoft's part to Burning Eclipse yesterday, the only reason I haven't abandoned them and gotten a PS3 is the strong titles on the 360. And I want to play GH2 again, ASAP!

But this is the first console I've had that's died on me. It's not even the one I've played most, if consoles died from exhaustion, my N64 would've been dead ten times over! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Its unfortunate that so many are dying but they do tend to get them repaired quickly. ~14 working days is the longest its taken for me (from the time the courier collected it to the time he dropped it back), but usually it was about 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Two weeks would have it back in time for Spider-Man 3, that's all I want! Oh, and maybe for it not to break again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

ah man I'm sorry to hear that. Complete and utter tripe when it coems to reliability.

This has to be hurting the bottom line for MS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

You already know how I feel about it. :mad:

I have 3 friends with 360's, all of them have had them die on them and some stage. I'm convinced my launch console would have died, but it was stolen... My current 360 has frozen a few times, but no red lights yet... I live in fear.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Try two and a half months, and I think sixteen phone calls!
    And it was my second 360 to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Jeasus lads your scaring my now. I just bought a second hand one last night. OP did you have to produce a receipt at any stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

I must be part of a lucky minority, I got mine on launch night in 2005 and it's only ever frozen on me twice, both times while playing a marathon sessions of Oblivion.

Never had any other problems, touch wood.

Oblivion is notorious for freezing. Only ever happened to me once though. I've never had any problems with my 360 at all before now, so this was a bit of a shock. I didn't need any receipt.

The UPS guy is coming back tomorrow, between three and five. Mum didn't know how to disconnect it, I hadn't since I wasn't expecting him for a few days. So I gotta wrap it in a ton of bubble wrap and such before I put it in a box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

johnnyflav wrote:
    I must be part of a lucky minority, I got mine on launch night in 2005....

.....Never had any other problems, touch wood.
    Yep same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Have this one 2 weeks already showing signs of dying, crackdown freezing, GOW freezing.

last one still being repaired after 3 months.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

my launch 360 died on me a couple of weeks ago. i phoned up microsoft to see if they could fix it for me. i was told that the warranty was up and that if i wanted it repaired, it would cost me 140 euro. so i just went out and bought a new one. but i was told by a friend that i should have been covered by irish law and that microsoft HAVE to repair it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

collie1 wrote:
    my launch 360 died on me a couple of weeks ago. i phoned up microsoft to see if they could fix it for me. i was told that the warranty was up and that if i wanted it repaired, it would cost me 140 euro. so i just went out and bought a new one. but i was told by a friend that i should have been covered by irish law and that microsoft HAVE to repair it for me.

Ya, quote the sale of goods and supply of services act!! I hear it works like a charm. No personal experience with it though...

What is microsofts warranty length? Mr. K's 360 is over a year old and they took his for free?

The woman I talked to said mine was out of warranty, but they'd repair it for free anyway. I didn't ask why though. I was getting ready to shout at her, I'm glad I didn't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

whats the phone number for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

lordlame wrote:
    whats the phone number for them?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055120176

The Search function is your friend, that or Google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It's a 3 month old thread, I would imagine he did use the search button...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

im on my 4th console, but nvr once had it sent for repair or rang MS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

im on my 4th console, but nvr once had it sent for repair or rang MS

Don't know if thats good or bad.:D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

Got one for the nephew last christmas , its been replaced twice , the third one died on Friday , I insisted on , and got , my money back.

They cannot guarantee that the next one wont die , the unit is badly built and it seems its overheating that kills it , You get used to Microsoft shipping unfinished software , but unfinished hardware takes the biscuit.

Does anyone know if or when the issue will be fixed , and more importantly , how do you tell you have a good version as opposed to the ones with the short life expectancy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I'm sorry I know I've ranted about this on another thread - but why bother?!

Just be patient like me - I'd love a 360 (owned one but got the 3 rings etc, got refund), for games it's by far the best console out there, and am simply going to wait it out until they bring out a proper version of the console. In the meantime ill play reliable consoles such as the ds and ps3.

I'm sorry but at this stage i find it very hard to feel sympathy to people who buy a 360 and it then fails - it's expected at this rate. Though I do feel for say parents who buy for their kids, who are are not internet savvy and don't know about the design problems who buy one....

My position is if you buy a 360 at this stage you like with the consequences... and can't expect good customer service from MS, a company who is quite happy to bring a defective product to the market (i mean surely they extensively tested the console and were fully aware of the design problems and what the failure rate would be)

• Advertisement

Hi,

I did use the search function, it landed me here. Asshat.

Friend of mine got one for Christmas, his burned out yesterday. The MD was 29/06/06, they replaced it no problem at all. He's waiting on the stickers to be sent out so he can post it via UPS.

On the phone, there is a message about all the warranties being extended to 3 years. Also, I believe it might be possible for people who paid to get their consoles fixed, acquire a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

lordlame wrote:
    Hi,

I did use the search function, it landed me here. Asshat.

Friend of mine got one for Christmas, his burned out yesterday. The MD was 29/06/06, they replaced it no problem at all. He's waiting on the stickers to be sent out so he can post it via UPS.

On the phone, there is a message about all the warranties being extended to 3 years. Also, I believe it might be possible for people who paid to get their consoles fixed, acquire a refund.

If you bothered to look at xbox.com instead of coming here calling people names, you'd find the phone number and details of the warranty extension under support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I'm still convinced that the failures are a result of people being stupid.

I have mine in a well ventilated cool place and have played it probably every day since launch.

Not one problem here, runs perfectly, even leaving it on overnight sometimes to d/l new demos etc.

These reports still amuse me.

I thought the time spent on the phone to them was short too, roughly 10 minutes. To the people that their xbox's have failed; have you been playing die-hardedly on it or just casually?

mcgovern wrote:
    If you bothered to look at xbox.com instead of coming here calling people names, you'd find the phone number and details of the warranty extension under support.

Contradictions aside.

In what relation does this post have to the topic? Absolutely none what so ever. Infact, was my post pointed at you? Nope, keep on trollin'.

YES, you are trolling! Now, reply to me in pm if you wish to carry this conversation on - otherwise, jerk off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

some of us dont have the benefit of being able to place our xbox in well ventilated areas....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

You should stop being lazy and get the number yourself on the website!!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Mine died after 18 months of maybe two hours play a week. It's off being repaired at the moment, can't wait to get it back. As I've said on the other thread, my understanding is that Msft will ALWAYS repair the three red lights FOC no matter where or when the console was bought. Anyone who's paid for a repair will have their money repaid automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

WellyJ wrote:

I have mine in a well ventilated cool place and have played it probably every day since launch.

Not one problem here, runs perfectly, even leaving it on overnight sometimes to d/l new demos etc.

Genius :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭scitpo

WellyJ wrote:

Well Microsoft themselves admit its a design problem so its not because you're so great at keeping a box on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

After reading this thread last night, went to power up my 360 to have a bit of a play and bloody RROD flashed up.

Rang Mickeysoft today and was told that it will be MINIMUM 20 WORKING DAYS to repair the unit....that's excluding delivery times :eek: :eek:

The tech guy also told me that the 3 year warranty only applies to the overheating RROD issue and they will refund anyone who has previously paid for a repair outside of warranty by sending them a cheque !

I'm still in a state of shock that i'll be AT LEAST a month with my 360 :mad: :mad:

Advertisement