Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Black Cat

Options
  • 17-04-2007 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

My little black cat has been missing the last few days, he is 5 months old so is still small in size, he is fully black except for a small bit of white on his chest. He doesn't have a collar. We live in the park so if anyone has seen a cat wandering around that matches that description, please let me know. I know there are a lot of black cats in charlesland but any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Well, I saw a black cat with a partly white chest yesterday evening, but I don't remember it being small. This was in the area of 130-140 CP and it was just sitting contentedly in the car park.

I know this isn't much help, but in the event that it was your cat, at least he's still around the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 AshBy

Well, I saw a black cat with a partly white chest yesterday evening, but I don't remember it being small. This was in the area of 130-140 CP and it was just sitting contentedly in the car park.

I know this isn't much help, but in the event that it was your cat, at least he's still around the area.

I saw that same cat rolling in the grass/dirt on Monday evening. It came over to me for a pet but he/she had a collar and looked older than 5 mths. Hope you find your cat soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

Thanks for the info, unfortunately he is still missing, we have been out looking for him but no luck. Hopefully we'll find him soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭damianmckeever

This may not be what you want to hear but there is a black cat in the ditch up at Eden Gate. I didn't see a white chest on it but maybe go up and take a look at it just to make sure it's not yours. He's on the Priory road almost opposite the Entrance to Eden Gate. Hopefully it's not yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

dubrunner, take some time to read the charter before posting again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Thin Black cat walking the fence in the court 6.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gwenneh

That was probably Binx, he's ours. Binx is all black, though.

Thanks to everyone for your help. He is still missing. We went to Eden gate where there was a dead cat and we couldn't find it so it must have been taken away already, i don't think he would wander up that far so it probably wasn't him. He's not really a cat that wanders off, he usually just goes a few gardens away and thats it so hopefully he's still around the area somewhere. Anyway keep up the replies if you sight him!

Txs

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Havent seen your black cat ( hope you have found him by now) - but woke up last saturday morning to find a cat in my bed with me. I dont own a cat.....

Thankfully very friendly cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Tomato wrote:
    Havent seen your black cat ( hope you have found him by now) - but woke up last saturday morning to find a cat in my bed with me. I dont own a cat.....

sorry, but I couldn't resist this :D ...............

aybs002.jpg

• Advertisement

Thankfully he has been returned to us, he wandered off and didn't seem to know his way back. Anyway he is home with us now so panic over!!

That's cats for you. Glad he's home safe.

Ours has a habit of disappearing off for a couple of days at a time. We used to panic about it, but we're used to it now.

Just one thing for all the cat owners (or rather all those people owned by cats) in Charlesland...

Please get them neutered!

There seems to be a hell of a lot of cats in the neighbourhood and not too many of them would appear to be neutered. It's highly irresponsible to let your cats roam and create a litter of unwanted kittens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

girl24 wrote:
    Thankfully he has been returned to us, he wandered off and didn't seem to know his way back. Anyway he is home with us now so panic over!!

Congrats, now can you remove his poo from my wall........just kidding :)

Lots of cats = no mice

Not a bad deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Lots of cats also = fear of toxoplasmosis when gardening! Bad deal for any women of child-bearing age in Charlesland!

Don't get me wrong, I love cats too but PLEASE do get them neutered! There are already a constant stream of them in our garden and I've had to completely empty out patio pots that I had planted with seeds and bulbs as some cheeky blighter(s) used them as a litter tray! By the way, any ideas to keep them out of the garden? We bought cat repellent granules but you have to reapply them after watering/rain so we're looking for a longer term solution (rottweiler aside!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sportbilly

Apparently cats don't like citrus fruits so if you squeeze some oranges or lemons around the garden and leave some peel hanging around they wont like it.

I know it doesn't look great but they also don't like walking on chicken wire, so it you put some on the top of your wall or around plants that you'd rather not have them doing their business they should leave them alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Lumbarda, you could get some cats of your own...they'll sh1t in everyone elses garden, not their own and no other cats will dare come onto their territory!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Thanks for those suggestions Sportbilly and Astrofluff. I like the fiendish aspect of your idea, Astrofluff, tho' mind you, judging by the number of kitties using our garden as a public convenience, lots of other people have had the same idea already!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

I am available at a premium to rid your garden of pesky cats!

Hourly rate: 1 tin of chum and a bottle of gin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

or you can get some tiger piss from the zoo and put it on the top of you fences and around the gardens, cats won't enter a tigers terratory

• Advertisement

You can buy cat (and dog) repellant spray in Woodies. Not sure how much it costs.

or you can get some tiger piss from the zoo and put it on the top of you fences and around the gardens, cats won't enter a tigers terratory

Isn't that an urban legend? AFAIK, the zoo doesn't make it available. Besides, imagine if your job was "tiger pi$$-taker"! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

Just on the subject of missing cats, our cat (fairly large male tabby greeny brown black with white chest) had been missing since xmas! we live on the Grove...he has a habit of disappearing, he went missing last summer for 3 months then suddenly decided to come back in...this time though its been over 4 months - so if anyone has taken in or knows of anyone whos taken in a very friendly tabby please let me know...or if (god forbid) anyone has seen him at the side of any of the roads please could they let us know...thanks!

Does he have a collar? There's a very friendly tabby who hangs around in the first phase of the Wood, usually meet him around the green area en route to/from Superquinn!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

essential,

do you have a photo of this guy because I spoke with Mike about a similar cat a few weeks back as I thought he might be a stray but he looked fit and had a collar so left it go...also have you got him chipped?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

He never used to let us put a collar on him...and we havent gotten round to 'chipping' him yet - hes always away!

Advertisement