Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is gamertag info. stored?

• 17-04-2007 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if the data that is connected to your gamertag, i.e. Gamerscore and Achievements stored on the HDD? Or is it stored with other information that Microsoft gathers about its customers.

Bascially I just wanted to know if you had to exchange your Xbox360 for a brand new system would you still have the same information if you logged in with your gamertag or would you have to start all over again.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Well, if you exchange your 360, you might be able to keep your harddrive, in which case nothing changes, you just hook it up to your new 360. That's the easiest option.

But other than that, it depends on whether you've gone online with your 360 or not. If your 360 is online, your gamerscore and achievements are on the account, you won't lose them. Even if you don't have your harddrive, you can "recover" your gamertag on another 360, you just won't have the savesgames. The account is online then in that sense, you can just get it from MS's servers again.

If your 360 has never been online, then you'd need to back up the account (put it on a 360 mem card or keep the HD) or go online, the tag and achievements would just be on your unit otherwise, if you didn't "connect it" online then it won't be on MS' system.

If that isn't clear, let me know. In short, if your 360 is online, it's easy as pie and you can recover your tag and no gamerscore/achievements are lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Thanks for that. I've a Live account and am online so that is good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Recovering accounts online only keeps your gamertag, gamerscore, achievements, friends list, messages, motto and credit card/ MS points details. You'll need to have your game save files on HDD or memory unit to keep your game progress. Everything is stored on Microsoft's server.

When I was recovering my account to play on my brother's xbox, it knew I unlocked certain things in a game judging by my unlocked achievements. I forget which game it was. Koneko pretty much covered it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yep, if you want to keep your savegames that's more awkward, but your account is fine, no worries there. Just recover it when you're on the new 360.

Pedro, can you put your sig images underneath eachother? It's superwide now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Sorry about that. Forgot my reolution is fairly big.

This is out on Friday and would help for data transfer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement