Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I paint fencing?

Options
  • 17-04-2007 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

The fencing I have is the green pressure treated variety. Can this be painted?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The greenish tinge on PT timber will disappear over time, and will fade to a light grey colour if that's what's bothering you.

Alternatively there's no problem using any of the usual fence treatments available. Personally, I like the Ronseal FenceLife stuff. Water based and nice and easy to apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Atlantic Homecare actually have that fencelife stuff pretty cheap these days - since they're owned by the same company, Woodies probably do too. It's about 8.49 for 5L of the one coat fencelife.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

great lads thanks..

Can that be sprayed on?..yeah im being lazy..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The ronseal waterbased stuff can be sprayed on with one of those cuprinol pressure pump sprays ..... so easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Do Not get the one coat stuff as it does not last five years, go for the slightly more expensive black tins that is five years, I found the one coat still needed 2 coats to get the decent full colour so may as well done the five year one as I was at it. spraying is grand but neighbour got it everywhere and had to paint the concrete posts etc afterwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement