Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo Problems

Options
  • 17-04-2007 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi all, iv got a 95 Ford Mondeo (second car) but it has a problem..... when i accellerate, nothing happens for a few seconds, then it just chugs along and wont go above 3500 revs..... any1 any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Yendred

Hi all, iv got a 95 Ford Mondeo (second car) but it has a problem..... when i accellerate, nothing happens for a few seconds, then it just chugs along and wont go above 3500 revs..... any1 any ideas?

Did you check the throttle-body?
    If it's a daysel it might be having turbo problems.
    When you say "chug" do you mean "chug" litterally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Rebel Racer Dan

Yendred wrote:
    Did you check the throttle-body?
    If it's a daysel it might be having turbo problems.
    When you say "chug" do you mean "chug" litterally?
    Havent checked the throttle... good idea!!!!

She aint a diesel and i literally mean CHUG!!!!!!!!! As in chitty chitty bang bang including the bangs!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Serviced recently? Plugs, plug leads?

I bought it 3 weeks ago... granted cheaply!!!! Plugs were changed just before i bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Water in the air filter??? Spark plugs may be damp? No idea really??!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

I bought it 3 weeks ago... granted cheaply!!!! Plugs were changed just before i bought it
    you mean you where told they where changed...? ie - might not have been...

( . )( . ) wrote:
    you mean you where told they where changed...? ie - might not have been...
    No no we checked them!! They are new!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Blocked fuel filter or worst still blown 'CAT':(

Advertisement