Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need adveice on Ford focus.

Options
  • 17-04-2007 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all
    I have a 02 Ford focus 1.4 petrol. CL. Thismorng when i went out to start it.
    it made a clicking sound when i turned the key. it took for attempts to start, and when it did start the stirring wheel vibrate. i took it for a drive for an hour or so and it seems ok is this some thing to worry about.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Sounds like your battery might be on the way out. Did you leave anything on in the car overnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I doubt a dodgy battery would cause the steering wheel to vibrate though.

I know the MkI Focus suffered from faulty ignition coils. This could possibly be your problem, hard to tell though without experiencing the problem first hand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Stop the car and open the bonnet up!! Leave it running and see if the engine is "hopping" around irradically!! If so its coil pack/s!!

Advertisement