Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XDA wont download attachement

• 17-04-2007 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I have an XDA mini which wont download word/excel attachments.

Word : A problem with the document was encoutered and it cannot be opened

Excel : An error occurred reading file because the file is an in invalid format

I've tried to send them off 2 different pc's and a blackberry and still the same result.
    I've also tried them in another xda, the web and email works fine.
    Does anybody know what i might be doing wrong, or how can i change the format?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

ohandels wrote:
    I have an XDA mini which wont download word/excel attachments.

Word : A problem with the document was encoutered and it cannot be opened

Excel : An error occurred reading file because the file is an in invalid format

I've tried to send them off 2 different pc's and a blackberry and still the same result.
    I've also tried them in another xda, the web and email works fine.
    Does anybody know what i might be doing wrong, or how can i change the format?

Cheers

Will it open files stored in the My Documents ?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

It will yeah, but if i save the attachment the the xda hard drive it wont open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

But surely if you save it, it is stored as a word or excel document?

If that is the case, how does Pocket Word/Excel know it came from an e-mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

When the email comes through it shows up as a word/excel, and when i save it it shows up as a word/excel buts show serror when i try to start it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Try and copy the file manually to the My Documents folder and see if you can load it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Were the attachments sent using ms outlook ? sometimes that can mess with attachments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I think the problem might be with the conversion from "normal" Word/Excel to Pocket Word/Excel.

When you copy a Word/Excel file over from PC->XDA via Activesync, it converts it to Pocket format. However, when you download a "normal" Word/Excel file via an incoming e-mail, it doesn't go through the conversion process.

I'll try proving this later today with my XDA when I get a chance.

Advertisement