Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help on Mitsubishi L200 wheel jack specs

• 17-04-2007 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44

If anyone drives a Mitsubishi L200 or has access to a Mitsubishi L200 Wheel Jack would they do me a big favour and check out the specifications on it?

Mine's missing the correct one and the one that's left there won't cut it if I get stuck.

I just need to know the height that the official jack extends to and it's load bearing weight if possible. I've been told that a Pajero jack will not do for the L200. I've bought and returned three jacks trying to get one that has the height required to lift this pickup. I think the 2 tonne bottle jack variety will work if I can get one that has the height required, I've posted a wanted add in adverts.ie so if you have one for sale, please reply over there (http://adverts.ie/22039).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Why not try a mitsubishi dealer? It'll probably cost you but like you said you'll want one if you get stuck.

I had a brand new 2 tonne trolley jack collapse on me lately, €10 aldi axle stands took up the weight easily. Scary though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 fre

Thanks, you're probably right.. should just get one but there must be a non-branded alternative that's easier/quicker I'd imaging the dealer won't have one in stock anyway.

If I can get the specifications I can grab an unbranded one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

the new model???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Well for the previous model L200 crew cab the jack is a
    Bottle jack
    type "PB II F1.5A cap"
    by "Thai Summit Engineering"
    1500 kg capacity

Remember that while the vehcile weighs more than 1500 kg, the jack only lifts one corner at a time so a 1500 kg capacity is perfectly adequate. edit: actually can anyone confrim this? When a jack has a stated capacity on it does it mean that it will support this weight or does it mean that you can jack one corner of a car of that weight?

Advertisement