Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Rental Dublin

Options
  • 17-04-2007 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hoo Haa,

Anyone know any good deals on car rental in Dublin - looking to pick up early on Saturday morning and leave back Sun evening (monday morning if office is closed Sundays). Just looking for cheap-ass motor to go from A to B and back via C.
    I've never rented in Ireland before so haven't a clue what a good price is.
    Got a couple of quotes from Budget and Europcar 48eur and 60eur respectively. Is this good?

Thanks all.
    ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

try enteprise car rentals aswell , i heard they are meant to be pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

try calling Hertz on the SCR or the airport. really decent bunch of guys and they helped me out on end the previous weekends (personal car in the garage).

rate on a 07 passat TDI (with only 50kms on the clock) was 148euro from 5pm friday 23th march to monday the 26th at 5pm.

rate for the same car from the 30th march to the 4th april (easter weekend) was 210euro.

brought the car back with 2k on the clock after some of the best stress free driving i have had in a while

a quick note, the car comes with their insurance so its one less thing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

€70 for an Opel Corsa (or similar) from AVIS for this weekend including insurance. If you do rent be sure to get 'Super CDI' which will reduce your excess to zero. Most rentals have you responsible for the first €500 or so of damage. Super CDI reduces this to zero. Normally you cannot buy this online but have to pay for it when picking up your car.

www.avis.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I was just looking on www.carbookers.com
    Just got a price for a 1.0l car, pick up friday morning, drop back monday morning of £41 - seems pretty cheap to me! (about 60 euro i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rosen

Thanks Lads and ladies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement