Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat (Midway)

Options
  • 17-04-2007 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if Mortal Kombat, the original arcade version by Midway, is available on the PS2? I have been searching around for it in places like HMV, X-Tra Vision etc. and I can't find it. It may not even exist for the PS2 for all I know!

What would be even better would be an original arcade game in its stand-alone booth if I could get my hands on one!

Does anyone have any info. on either?

Thanks
    TP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I dont know if the 'original' was ever released on ps2..i remember Annihilation being the first release on ps2

However it may have got released in a midway arcade package..not sure

Try ebay for Original Arcade units..though..i'd say your probably lookin into the thousands for some of them :eek: ...collectors items nowadays

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

buy an old copy online, prob not alot, was master system i think possibly? then download the rom online and play it on your pc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was released on one of the Midway arcade treasures compilations, can't remember which one. You could also download the mame rom and play it through mame on your PC (against charter regulations to ask where to find roms. Just use google.)

To be perfectly honest the Mortal Kombat games are absolutely terrible and have aged really badly. Get yourself some Street Fighter 2, a true ageless classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It was released on one of the Midway arcade treasures compilations, can't remember which one. You could also download the mame rom and play it through mame on your PC (against charter regulations to ask where to find roms. Just use google.)

To be perfectly honest the Mortal Kombat games are absolutely terrible and have aged really badly. Get yourself some Street Fighter 2, a true ageless classic.

I have all the Midway Treasures compilations and I'm pretty sure Mortal Kombat 1 isnt on there, MK2 and MK3 appear on MAT 2 (I do stand to be corrected though!)

As far as I know a conversion of Mortal Kombat (1) was included with the Mortal Kombat Deception Premium pack on the PS2...similar to UMK3 bundled on the MK Armageddon Premium disc, again PS2.

As a long time fan of Mortal Kombat I have to disagree with Retr0gamer (sorry!). I do agree that Street Fighter is a far better game and stands the test of time but Mortal Kombat is a love it or hate it game. I personally love it (as I do Street Fighter) and i have lots of mates over the years who really enjoyed the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you're really pushed, you could get a Plug and Play TV thing with Mortal Kombat on it. I read a review somewhere absolutely ages ago and I'm pretty sure it said it was the arcade version rather than a home console one.

http://www.amazon.com/Plug-Play-Games-Mortal-Kombat/dp/B000FISCSE

I think they have them in Argos

Edit; it is indeed the arcade version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

You can download mame.. .and once you own an orignal arcade version you can download the rom...

Advertisement