Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on Leeson St. Bridge this morning..

Options
  • 17-04-2007 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Mods not sure if this should be in the Dublin City forum or not...

I'm looking for the female cyclist who helped me administer CPR to a man on Leeson St. Bridge at approx 10:15am this morning.

I just want to extend a huge thanks for stopping and asking if I needed help, and lending it.

If any members of boards witnessed it, I was the soldier in uniform working on the chap.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and if anyone know's the lady please pass on a huge THANKS from me please as I didn't get to talk to her afterwards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Daknight

so wat happened to the guy u did cpr on? is he ok? johns ambulance hq is on leeson street,anybody alert them?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Good show Mairt and mysterious woman, I just did a First Aid and i still dunno if i'd have to nerve to step up. How long were you at him and did the poor bastard come round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Bambi wrote:
    Good show Mairt and mysterious woman, I just did a First Aid and i still dunno if i'd have to nerve to step up. How long were you at him and did the poor bastard come round?

I'd rather not get into too many details here right now incase the chaps family or close friends read this.

You asked how long were we at him, maybe less than five minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Mairt wrote:
    I'm looking for big Kudos because I administered CPR. I'm a hero and I want people to acknowledge it but I can't just go right out and ask for compliments so I'll mention the other semi-hero and just mention my deed in passing

Well done all the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Us Marine Corps-First There!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, when you can please do explain in further detail about the incident. Outcome etc.

From reading the OP it sounds like someone had a seizure and yourself and some lady administered CPR and saved the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

biko wrote:
    OP, when you can please do explain in further detail about the incident. Outcome etc.

From reading the OP it sounds like someone had a seizure and yourself and some lady administered CPR and saved the day.

Just been on the phone to St.Vincents hospital.

The chap is alive, in ICU and is "Stable".

Like I said, I'm just trying to pass along a THANKS to the lady. And I'm sure she'll want to know his condition also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Gillo63

Well I think that a few more people like you Mairt a few less people like Mordeth/GeorgeBailey the world would be a better place.

Have your mothers never told you
    "if you don't have something good to say dont say anything at all"
    If your brain has the capacity to absorb that statement, try it and maybe think they next time... who knows it could have been your dad/uncle/brother!

I think you and the mystery lady did a great job.
    Would be great if she finds out the update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Mairt wrote:
    ... Leeson St. Bridge at approx 10:15am this morning....

If any members of boards witnessed it, I was the soldier in uniform working on the chap.

Did ya take your name off the gate when you got to the barracks? :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

well its been over 6 years so you can tell us now what actually happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Wait, this thread is pre-financial crisis...

... we can warn them! Don't buy that house, DON'T DO IT! sellsellsell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thread closed, it's so old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement