Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist Ardee/Collon area

Options
  • 17-04-2007 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in the Ardee area? Moving to Collon and looking for someone close by.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

dubdee wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a good dentist in the Ardee area? Moving to Collon and looking for someone close by.

the dentist near the church at the top of ardee is very good, much better than the dentist across from the garda station, i dont have contact details but will post them at the weekend if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

draffodx wrote:
    the dentist near the church at the top of ardee is very good, much better than the dentist across from the garda station, i dont have contact details but will post them at the weekend if you like?
    I always go to William Stanley (041-6853235), who's on Jervis Street, opposite the Garda Station like draffodx said. He also has a practice in Dundalk. He seems to know what he's doing, and he's a nice guy. There's another dentist there with him in Ardee too: her name's Carmel Donnelly. The other practice is that of Shane Byrne (041-6853438) on John Street. The two practices draffodx mentioned are the only two in Ardee.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dubdee

Thats a great help, thanks guys.

Looking forward to moving to the area!

europerson wrote:
    I always go to William Stanley (041-6853235), who's on Jervis Street, opposite the Garda Station like draffodx said. He also has a practice in Dundalk. He seems to know what he's doing, and he's a nice guy. There's another dentist there with him in Ardee too: her name's Carmel Donnelly.

hhhmmm has he only taken over the place in the last year to two, definately wasnt a william stanley last time i was there??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

draffodx wrote:
    hhhmmm has he only taken over the place in the last year to two, definately wasnt a william stanley last time i was there??
    William Stanley's been there the last four or five years or so, since Ray Elwood left. Before him, it was Stephen Claffey, the dentist with whom I had my first appointment back in the day! Perhaps he was off the day you were there, and there might have been a locum. Before Carmel Donnelly arrived, there was some other man there with him, but I never had any dealings with him, so I don't know who he was.

• Advertisement

must have got him, wasnt an enjoyable experience, got fillings done and werent done right, had awfull pain after it, had to get them recapped and then they fell out aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I use Dentist Elizabeth Johnson in Fair street in Drogheda, she is an absolute lady of a dentist , always explains whats she doing, gentle and wont pull the head off you .
    Cant recommend highly enough, as with most people i used to fear the dentist but not with her, no problem whatsover going to her when i need dental treatment .
    I heard some horror stories about root canal treatment,i got it done with her and it was painless

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cambridge7

Faced up to my worst night-mare,visted a dentist last October for first time in years. Went to Carmel Donnelly Jervis street Ardee and the experience was a pure delight. Definately knows what she is doing and all staff were very pleasant. Highly recomedo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

draffodx wrote:

I think the opposite actually. That guy beside the church just drilled my mouth out of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Haven't been to the dentist for a while want to go to get a check up. Anyone know of prices in ardee or recommend somewhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Houset

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Haven't been to the dentist for a while want to go to get a check up. Anyone know of prices in ardee or recommend somewhere else?

I go to Kevin McGale in Ardee, he is not cheap but he is worth it

Advertisement