Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick way to get your Eircom account number?

• 17-04-2007 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

ARRGGHHHGHFGHFGH!!!! I moved house, I need my broadband and I'm still waiting for my account number!!! I rang them up and asked them to post it . They won't give it out over the phone for security reasons, fair enough. But they won't even ring the phone number and give the account number or anything. The only way the agents is allowed to sort this is to send it in post. Anyway I received the post this morning, there was a compliments slip, saying "please find your account number attached" . Guess what? No account number anywhere in the envelope. I'm supa-pissed at this stage and I want it sorted. I'm not sure whether I should start trying to go higher than the first line agents as I don't want to be "that guy" I used to work tech support myself.

But does anybody know a way I can get my account number quicker???/ arrrghghgh I have all my own account details except this one number.

I need my broadband as I work as a web designer!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

davil wrote:
    Anyway I received the post this morning, there was a compliments slip, saying "please find your account number attached" . Guess what? No account number anywhere in the envelope.

lol, typical Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

aye. It's a load of nads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

davil wrote:
    ARRGGHHHGHFGHFGH!!!! I moved house, I need my broadband and I'm still waiting for my account number!!! I rang them up and asked them to post it . They won't give it out over the phone for security reasons, fair enough. But they won't even ring the phone number and give the account number or anything. The only way the agents is allowed to sort this is to send it in post. Anyway I received the post this morning, there was a compliments slip, saying "please find your account number attached" . Guess what? No account number anywhere in the envelope. I'm supa-pissed at this stage and I want it sorted. I'm not sure whether I should start trying to go higher than the first line agents as I don't want to be "that guy" I used to work tech support myself.

But does anybody know a way I can get my account number quicker???/ arrrghghgh I have all my own account details except this one number.

I need my broadband as I work as a web designer!!!!

If you still have your account with Eircom you can log into your account (if it's already set up otherwise it might take a few days to set up) on Eircom.ie and go to the account or bill summary (not to sure which one) but it should give your account no. there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just ring eircom sales and order the bb from them. They only need your telephone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

What i did was rang them up saying im a new eircom customer and im interested in ordering some of the talktime bundles or something, maybe in a few weeks down the line, but i need my account number for this.
    Could you send it out to me please..

had it in about 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Phone them up and tell them you want your account details as you want
    to set-up a direct debit for your bill.. last I heard they wet themselves in
    anticipation of easy payments and hand over the account info pronto. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Haha Lol. Tis so true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

If you still have your account with Eircom you can log into your account (if it's already set up otherwise it might take a few days to set up) on Eircom.ie and go to the account or bill summary (not to sure which one) but it should give your account no. there.
    Won't work. When you move house you're given a new account number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

kaizersoze wrote:
    Won't work. When you move house you're given a new account number.

Ah bummer! Didn't know that. Would have been handy otherwise.

Tiesto wrote:
    had it in about 2 weeks.

They're sending it in the post so I should have it in 2 days not 2 weeks but I was looking for it sooner than that even. I'm an impatient person! :-) plus in this day and age it's a load of pants that they can't even ring up the house and give the account number.

I'll give that a go alright. thanks

• Advertisement

Received it in the post!

Still have to wait 5 to 10 working days to transfer my Magnet Business broadband (formerly netsource) though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sizlinsimon

cant those stone age idiots not just send a bloody email have they not heard about emails. :cool::mad::cool::cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This thread is three years old, post in an old thread again and you've banned for a week,

Your new so read the charter and site rules :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement