Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing cars from Japan

Options
  • 17-04-2007 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I have decided that i am goin to have a go at importing a turbo glanza in the next couple of weeks to either keep it myself or sell it on if seems profitable. The problem i have is that i am under the impression that once the car comes into ireland it has to be inspected by customs.... If this happens will the car be registered in Ireland as turbo as i would prefer if i could get it on registered as being only a 1.3 so it would be easier to insure and sell on.

If anyone has any knowledge on this subject and any other facts i may need to know i would appreciate hearing from you thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It's not customs you have to worry about. However, doing anything illegal is something to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Rapeh' choice bud!

Not only is the whole nonturbo log book scam illegal, it also means youll be paying huge amount of money for a piece of paper to stick to your windscreen thats not worth the ink its written with.

Good man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

DriftR wrote:
    I have decided that i am goin to have a go at importing a turbo glanza in the next couple of weeks to either keep it myself or sell it on if seems profitable. The problem i have is that i am under the impression that once the car comes into ireland it has to be inspected by customs.... If this happens will the car be registered in Ireland as turbo as i would prefer if i could get it on registered as being only a 1.3 so it would be easier to insure and sell on.

If anyone has any knowledge on this subject and any other facts i may need to know i would appreciate hearing from you thanks!:)

dude, what you are asking for is help to make a fraudulent declaration - i would prefer that my car be registered as 600cc, but i dont think its going to happen. anyway, just because it would be registered as a na 1.3 does not excuse you from insuring it properly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bo-bo wrote:
    dude, what you are asking for is help to make a fraudulent declaration

Indeed. Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement