Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Camera Helmets

Options
  • 17-04-2007 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

I've seen a couple of these in recent weeks. It's basically your standard cycling helmet with a small camera on top. After being threatened by a moped-ist who was in my way in the cycling lane today (:rolleyes:) I'd kinda like to get a hold of one of these.

Anybody know where to get one and are the hugely expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Chain Reaction have one for 100 brick (sterling).

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=10826

Evil Phil wrote:
    I've seen a couple of these in recent weeks. It's basically your standard cycling helmet with a small camera on top. After being threatened by a moped-ist who was in my way in the cycling lane today (:rolleyes:) I'd kinda like to get a hold of one of these.

Anybody know where to get one and are the hugely expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

That would probably do the trick, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Evil Phil wrote:
    ...After being threatened by a moped-ist who was in my way in the cycling lane today (:rolleyes:) ...

go on, tell us what happened...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Evil Phil wrote:
    I've seen a couple of these in recent weeks. It's basically your standard cycling helmet with a small camera on top.
    While it's wrong for the moped rider to threaten you at any time, if the cycle track had a broken white line to the right, then any kind of motor vehicle can use it at any time.

The law was quietly changed by the PDs in 1998.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

Chain Reaction have one for 100 brick (sterling).

That's only a camera you'll also need a suitable portable recording device. Almost all standard video cameras don't have a suitable A/V connector so you'll need to use something else.

This device from Archos looks far more suitable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

robfitz wrote:
    This device from Archos looks far more suitable.
    I've got one, but have not yet taken it for a spin. It uses a headband to hold the camera and my helmet's the wrong shape where the camera needs to be.

I'm considering some kind of lash-up to the helmet or the handlebars.

Quality from the camera is quite good.

Advertisement