Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom "CSI" problem

Options
  • 17-04-2007 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I would like to know if anyone has had similar experiences to me or can shed any light on what’s going on…

I have been an Eircom BB customer for about 6 months now and in the last few weeks have been getting a red light on the Internet on my router and no access. I ring the help desk and after I go through the usual routine to prove its not a problem at my end they tell me it’s a “CSI problem”. They get me to login with my phone number and account number, rather than the default Eircom username/ password and after 30 mins all is ok again. This lasts for a few days and then back to square one again.

Here is my problem, this is happening regularly. Every time I call, I am told it’s a “CSI problem” or that “someone has reset your CSI” and we will “set it back again”. In the meantime, I an regularly without internet access (and I work from home) and of course there’s the frustration of regular calls to the help desk.

Comments, experiences anyone? And what is CSI?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Having an educated guess here.

CSI may stand for Called Subscriber Identification. It sounds like the exchange is having problems identifying your line.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

yup, the identification matching your physical dslam port/line to yoru eircom broadband account i assume is getting reset, or changed or something or other. Probably people who are manually changing things and some sort of process is resetting it.

However it might also be related to these
    http://www.commsystems.com/finance/csi_04ar.pdf

the green road-side cabinets which multiplex the local loops to the exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

H2G2 wrote:
    I would like to know if anyone has had similar experiences to me or can shed any light on what’s going on…

I have been an Eircom BB customer for about 6 months now and in the last few weeks have been getting a red light on the Internet on my router and no access. I ring the help desk and after I go through the usual routine to prove its not a problem at my end they tell me it’s a “CSI problem”. They get me to login with my phone number and account number, rather than the default Eircom username/ password and after 30 mins all is ok again. This lasts for a few days and then back to square one again.

Here is my problem, this is happening regularly. Every time I call, I am told it’s a “CSI problem” or that “someone has reset your CSI” and we will “set it back again”. In the meantime, I an regularly without internet access (and I work from home) and of course there’s the frustration of regular calls to the help desk.

Comments, experiences anyone? And what is CSI?:confused:

Thanks for the help. I had the same problem today and this worked perfectly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

H2G2 wrote:
    And what is CSI?:confused:

Customer Sited Interconnect = CSI

Advertisement