Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning permission to renovate old building?

• 17-04-2007 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I was thinking of renovating a old animal building in my farmyard and turning it into a small dwelling with one bedroom and kitchen. I'm living in south west Cork. Does anybody know if this is a difficult thing to get planning for? It's totally within our farm yard. I may extend it a bit.
    Thanks,
    Bearaman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Arrange a meeting with your local planners.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bearaman

Hi Again,
    Assuming that planning permission is not an issue, roughly what are the costs I'm looking at?
    Currently, the building walls seem sound and dry. A new roof will be needed, internal walls plastered, plumbing and electrics installed, new doors and windows fitted.
    We're thinking it may be a small two bedroom cattoage when it's finished.
    So, any rough idea on costs (excluding furniture)?
    Thanks,
    B.

Advertisement