Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple Play

Options
  • 17-04-2007 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am living in an Kilmainham, Dublin 8 and am looking for the best option for broadband (with wireless modem), TV and telephone.

Getting all three services from one supplier is appealing, in the sense that you'd only need one point of contact for all services, one monthly bill, cheaper, etc.

AFAIK NTL provide this service for €50 per month. Has anyone taking up these three services from them, is it any good?

If decent quality "triple play" is not yet a reality would you have any suggestions for other options, i.e. best phone and broadband pacakges etc?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you want pay TV and Broadband, then NTL is a good option.
    If you want 40 or so decent TV channels free on Satellite (And 20 or radio out of 200+ free tv and 70+ free Radio, inc all BBC& ITV) and the 4 Irish channels via TV aerial, then NTL is not such a good idea.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi all,

I am living in an Kilmainham, Dublin 8 and am looking for the best option for broadband (with wireless modem), TV and telephone.

Getting all three services from one supplier is appealing, in the sense that you'd only need one point of contact for all services, one monthly bill, cheaper, etc.

AFAIK NTL provide this service for €50 per month. Has anyone taking up these three services from them, is it any good?

If decent quality "triple play" is not yet a reality would you have any suggestions for other options, i.e. best phone and broadband pacakges etc?

Thanks in advance.

Smart is available in Kilmainham - I am not sure if NTL is available in Kilmainham it wasn't up to recently and t they certainly have not sent out any publicity stuff if it is whereas they never seem to stop sending me invitations to get NTL digital:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Machine

I actually just presumed NTL was available in Kilmainham. I'll give them a call to find out for sure.

Thanks for the info.

I actually just presumed NTL was available in Kilmainham. I'll give them a call to find out for sure.

Thanks for the info.

Never presume anything about NTL except that they are incompetent and getting more so by the day apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Machine

Gave them a ring and the service isn't available in Kilmainham yet and according to them it probably won't be there for several more months.

• Advertisement

Gave them a ring and the service isn't available in Kilmainham yet and according to them it probably won't be there for several more months.

Experience has shown that the NTL csr's don't have a clue as to when bb may become available in a particular area - NTL has always withheld that information for 'commercial reasons' so don't hold your breath:rolleyes:

And bang on cue I received yet another invitation in the post today to get their digital tv service. Now if they would only sort out channel 4 quality on the basic package that might give me a teensy bit of confidence in them!

Advertisement