Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games For K610im?

• 17-04-2007 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47

Hello,

I got the Sony Ericsson K610im (O2/Speak Easy) phone and I'm very pleased with it, except for one thing . . . I can't find any games for it.

I checked the games section of the O2 website (the K610im is not even listed) => http://downloads.o2.ie/new/default.jsp

I checked the games section of the Sony Ericsson website (the K610i is listed, but not the K610im) => http://www.sonyericsson.com/fun/wxhtml/overview1?cc=IE&lc=en&lf_res=ie

Eventually I thought I'd chance it and tried to download a game from the O2 website, but was told the file wasn't supported.

I checked further and it seems the K610im only supports DoCoMo Java (DoJa) which means it doesn't support normal java games/applications (J2ME).

Source => http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/products/phonegallery/k610im/p_k610im.jsp

The short question then is : does anyone have any ideas where I can buy these Doja games/applications?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Download the games off iMode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 Bartleby

Hello ciaranfo,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I did try to download the game using imode (O2 website on my phone), thats when I was told the file was not compatible with my phone. I called O2 to get a refund for the game and they said most games would not be compatible with my phone and that they didn't know where I could get compatible games.

Am I doing something stupid? Has anyone downloaded a game successfully for a k610im?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

I have about 300 games for my k610i, dunno how much difference the "m" makes.
    I have never used the actual phone to download tho, used the internet and transferred to phone via USB. Sonic is fun on the k610i .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

hamsterboy wrote:
    I have never used the actual phone to download tho, used the internet and transferred to phone via USB. Sonic is fun on the k610i .
    The m means that it's on imode, thus it cannot use j2me java files, only docomo's own doja system. This means about 98 percent of all java files for mobiles cannot be used, including games. OP: Did you download the games from the imode menu just to be told that they were not compatible? That sounds strange if they put non-compatible games on the dedicated imode area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Sounds bizzare that you can't download an iMode game on the iMode service. Ring O2 up again and see what they have to say. Surely they're not going to get you to subscribe t something that they know won't work.

Unfortunitly I never really gamed on my K610im beyond what game on the phone (fruit fall and tennis I thinK).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 Bartleby

Hello,

Thanks again for replies. I spoke to O2 again. The (very helpful) lady there said that some games and ringtones are not compatible with imode phones. She suggested I speak to some of the games manufacturers on the imode site: jamster, zenops and gamezone. (She even gave me email addresses)

I emailed all three so I'll let you know what they say.

To be honest its all a bit too much hassle for me now, I think I'll get rid of this phone and get one which plays normal everyday java games. This phone has been out for a year and its a bad sign if nobody is making games/apps for it. I'll miss the imail though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

There are thousands of games for i-mode phones, the problem is that most of them are in Japanese. :-P

The disadvantage of using Japanese technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

hamsterboy wrote:

Hi Hamsterboy (and everyone else),

I've downloaded games for the phone from the net before but don't have a clue how to install them. This might seem like a thick question - anyone able to explain it to me in small words?:D

Advertisement