Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL not broadcasting RTE in widescreen.

Options
  • 17-04-2007 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I'm with ntl digital and two weeks ago rte went back to 4.3 ratio. Rang ntl, they said I should adjust my tv settings. I replied tv was set to receive widescreen automatically and if it was my tv the other channels would go back to 4.3 ratio. They refused to accept the problem was at their end.
    I argued and said I wanted to speak to whoever was in charge, to which I was told the supervisor was busy. She took my number and said she would ring back but of course it never happened.
    In the past whenever I have had a problem with ntl I had found them to be helpful but the customer service this time was very poor indeed.
    Furthermore I've since checked my friend's tv and her rte goes out of widescreen and into zoom. Is anybody else having this problem with rte widescreen transmittance?
    I already had the stb set to widescreen and my sony tv set to auto receive widescreen signal, as hate stretched pictures on non widescreen channels. All the other widescreen channels are fine so it's nothing to do with the tv but they just won't listen. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Well am constantly have to readjust my aspect on the tv remote or on ntl digital remote,its particullary annoying during sporting events when often the scores are cropped:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've noticed that on Sky recently, RTE is being broadcast in 4:3. Maybe the problem is on their end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 madamebutterfly

Thanks! Good to know it's not just ntl then. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon as the clarity is exceptional on widescreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

RTÉ is widescreen for me. I have cable in Dungarvan but my mother also has RTÉ in widescreen on Sky. So it's not a problem with RTÉ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 madamebutterfly

I wonder if it is a Waterford city problem? Also no sound from kids channel Jetix and no QVC, gone all black. Getting no help whatsoever from NTL. Because of the customer service I'm nearly thinking of switching to Sky. Only thing is I have multiroom viewing and broadband from NTL and would have to find another supplier. Seems like a lot of hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭al22

I understand some broadcasts and old films especially are not in the wide screen format. So, plese? RTE, do not stretch old films or such a broadcasts to fill the screen! I HATE STRETCHED pictures/broadcasts!
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

I assume you have checked the screen settings on the UPC decoder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

All working fine in widescreen on NTL for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Zombie thread.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement