Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scythe Andy on a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 - will it go?

Options
  • 17-04-2007 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

Hi all:

Am looking at ordering most of the bits for a new C2D-based machine later, and am considering a Scythe Andy Samurai Master (despite having the daftest name ever attributed to a CPU cooler, bar none - I hope) as it should keep the processor cool as well as blow a reasonable amount of air over the northbridge, which is passively cooled. (Yes, I see overclocking in my future...)

My question is this: does anyone know if this cooler will actually fit on the board? I've been trying to get dimensions for the board - I saw something last week, but forgot to bookmark it - and am a bit worried that I'll buy these two items and that there'll be a stray capacitor or something that'll stop me from installing it, even though it can be rotated.

Can anyone impart wisdom on this matter? For that matter, is it any good? Would I be better off with the big Noctua (which their site states will fit)?

Cheers,
    Gadget

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

It should fit if you Google both items in the same search you will find people who are using the cooler with that motherboard. It actually uses low profile capacitors around the CPU socket so there should not be any obstructions I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Hi 8T8:

This would normally be true, but this cooler seems to be too new (or people are too busy laughing at the name to buy it). I guess the fact that I can't find someone complaining that it won't fit should be good news...

Thanks,
    Gadget

Advertisement