Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen Alfa Romeo

Options
  • 17-04-2007 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

I remember a thread here some time back asking people to look out for a stolen alfa romeo, a gt I think, this story about the conviction of a man who bought a stolen alfa romeo says that information from a person who had read a plea to look out for such a car on a website had helped recover the vehicle. Kudos to that person and it it's the same incident, kudos to boards as the conduit. It's a pity the original thief has not been tracked down but maybe this story will make other people have a little more cop on when buying potentially stolen cars. If there's no money to be made selling them on, there's less point in stealing them. The unsuspecting (like **** he was unsuspecting) purchaser is well out of pocket but it's hard to have any pity for him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

alias no.9 wrote:
    The unsuspecting (like **** he was unsuspecting) purchaser is well out of pocket but it's hard to have any pity for him.
    To be fair, the buyer might have been legit, I've been offered Alfa's and some other makes at knockdown prices over the years, some people realise that the car is too expensive for them and take a big hit to get out of it and these cars have been nearly new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Just noticed that story also and was going to post.

Yeah, i think the website in question is boards.ie

Cool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

That was a good story alright. There was also a story about some classic spoted in Bray by a taxi drivers, and as I remember it started from this forum as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It actually came from a thread on www.thumped.com. It was a friend if mine who spotted the car and called the cops about it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50514080&postcount=24

Think you might find it was on alfaowner.com and a user there.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

junkyard wrote:
    To be fair, the buyer might have been legit, I've been offered Alfa's and some other makes at knockdown prices over the years, some people realise that the car is too expensive for them and take a big hit to get out of it and these cars have been nearly new.

Were they offered to you in a pub by some random bloke called Damo? Come on Junkyard, we know you're down on some particular brands but there's no way you'd consider that legit. You wouldn't buy a TV or even a watch from a guy like that, why would you buy a car?

FX Meister wrote:
    It actually came from a thread on www.thumped.com. It was a friend if mine who spotted the car and called the cops about it in the first place.
    irlrobins wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...0&postcount=24

Either way guys, kudos to the eagle eyed guy who noticed the incorrect year on the license plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

What about the poor sucker who bought the thing, no winners here really.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What about the poor sucker who bought the thing, no winners here really.

Well I don't really have much pitty for someone who buys a car from a guy called Damo, in a pub and for about half the market price of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

True. . I guess he knew the risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

irlrobins wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50514080&postcount=24

Actually you could be right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

The guy who bought the car must have been a right dumbass...like did he not ask to see the Vehicle Ownership Form before handing over the money :confused:

Advertisement