Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you crit these logos for me?

Options
  • 17-04-2007 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I'm a musician and someone who likes my music has kindly offered to do me a logo. What do you think? (please be honest!!).

hslogo2copyns2.th.jpg

hslogocopykj7.th.jpg

hslogo4copyal8.th.jpg

hslogo5copyop5.th.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I like the first one best , it's very classy all together and it has a real nice feel to it. I think the second one is a bit too simple but the extra shading on the first gives a sort of satin look . They look good surely. The only technical criticism is that there seems to be a bit of white artifacts or left overs from the cut out around the word "sweeney" But apart from apart from that , real smooth stuff , I honestly like them a lot, thumbs up!:)

[EDIT] I see you added two more , they're awesome too and seem completely flawless

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I really like them too, especially no.1
    one or two things tho...
    The "swoosh" that comes from the flowers under the text seems too flat when it gets to Sweeney, its just plateaus out. A more continuous curve might work better.
    Also the radial burst gradient shading in no. 1 is nice but I'm not keen on the amount it lightens the text when it passes by it, especially as it only seems to affect Hamlet and nothing else.

Great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Logo no: 3 to me looks the best when enlarged. It is interesting. I like the way the grey in the 'hamlet' suttlely turns to the colour of the flowers which outline the name 'Sweeney', it leads the background into the foreground and neither dominates the other to much which is very clever.

It makes me think 'Sweeny' and what is the 'Hamlet' behind 'Sweeney' very good. Quite difficult to follow this logo with other material that may go with it, but if you do youve cracked it.
    Excellent design in that sense, only criticism is the curls and swoops should be more smooth and more antialiased, or is that aliased I always mix the two up.

Oh and one more thing, maybe a very, very suttle tinge of burnt orange around the border of the logo matching the gradient from the outside in, I'm talking very suttle here, to give it more depth, it has that already but this I think will enhance it more.
    Experiment with some complimentary colours in this case besides the burnt orange to 'feel' the effect.
    Hope that makes sense. Great design and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I like logo 3 because you can read it at first glance.
    The others needed a second or third glace.
    They're all good but 3 would be my preference.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yep, 3 is great. the swoosh is just right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

That was my first reaction, too. I couldn't read the first two. I like the thrird but in the third the flowers for me are too cute, even though they don't bother me in the first two. They just show up too much in the third one, as if that is what your music is about. An old hippie kind of feel to it.

over all, four really good choices

Advertisement