Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muhammad's wife Aisha

• 17-04-2007 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I was reading up on Muhammad and learned that he was married to Aisha when she was 5 or 6 and he was having sex with her when she was still a child of 9. Whats the average muslims opinion on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Hi Horizen:) You weren't to know, but this was discussed in a lot of detail recently as Jakkass said, and you can see the thread in his above post.

The shortest answer that I think is most accurate is that first of all, we just don't know for sure what age Aisha was, as there is conflicting evidence. Link

To answer what the Muslim view of this is, it's very clear: Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was an extremely honorable man, he had all the necessary qualities for success in every aspect of life and he was not given to committing injustice, especially in the case of a young or vulnerable person you can be sure.
    I'm only locking this thread simply to avoid repetition of the other one recently opened by Jakkas. And if you (or anyone) has any further comments or questions, or disagree with the above, by all means post ahead in that thread. And welcome to the forum:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement