Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCD ban

Options
  • 17-04-2007 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

"In light of legal proceedings issued by MCD, we have been advised by our solicitors that there is to be no further discussion of MCD or events hosted by MCD".

When is this ban due to end (rougly)?

I want to talk about certain bands, discuss gigs amd spell Oxygen incorrectly.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It'll be done when you're told its done. Its an drawn out, on-going affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The MCD ban is indefinite. Probably permanent. If you wish to discuss these events, I'm sure you can find another site to do it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

For some reason I can't find the sticky that was, eh, stickied about not being allowed to talk about artists that MCD had promoted.

Does this mean I can talk about Arcade Fire's album but not the gig I went to see in Sweden (NOT promoted by MCD)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The list is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The ban is of discussion of the company in question, or events hosted/promoted by the company in question.

You may freely talk about bands. You may freely talk about gigs which the company in question do not promote or host. :)

If you are unsure about discussing a particular gig or event, then google it. Not being on the list Ruu posted, is no excuse. You will still be banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

We'll let you all know if anything changes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement