Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash and Carry Kitchens

Options
  • 17-04-2007 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have been looking for a Kitchen for my house and Cash and Carry appear cheapest. HOWEVER, they want ALL the money up front before they will contract. They say they will deliver in 10 days afterwards.

Has anyone dealt with them. Inn't it REALLY CRAZY to pay before you get your product?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

I hope not, I just gave them seven grand for a new kitchen to be installed next week!!

They are a big outfit and have been around for a while, I wouldn't be too worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I've dealt with them in the past and found them great to deal with. One item was damaged on delivery and another unit was incorrect and these were replaced immediately, no quibbles. Delivery was on time. All at 60% of the price of comparable alternatives. (My experiance anyway.)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

We've had no problem with them although they did deliver the cooker to the wrong island! Everything else arrived intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

No problems with units and design but the fitters they recommend can be a bit ropey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Got my kitchen from there too... like the others, had no problem with them. Nice kitchen, installed in a day, by Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KILRB

Hi there,
    I am currently getting some quotes from various suppliers but ultimately I think I will end up in C&C as the majority of feedback seems to be very good and their prices are considerably lower. In a way I may just be using the other guys to get some drawings.
    Anyway, my question is whether or not people have also bought their appliances in C&C or if they bought them independently. Any recommendations are appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,588 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I bought wardrobes from Cash and Carry and they were excellent, we put them together ourselves and they were dead easy, very accurately drilled etc.

The only thing to remember with them is that once you have bought the units and had them satisfactorily delivered, thats the end of their responsibility. If the fitters make a mess of something its between you and the fitter.

I did ask for a price on getting the wardrobes assembled and there was a €50 variation between the suggested price from the boss and a price from a salesman who was obviously tacking on a kickback as he only gave us one name and emphasised how wonderful this fitter was, where as the boss had given us a list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭mjffey

We tried C&C but they didn't want to give us any prices for units unless we came in the shop, sat down and had a chat.

Well, this it not our way of dealing. We want to know up front what something costs without having to ask (is a EU law by the way: All items for sale should be priced in a clear and good visable way so that customers don't have to ask for it. This counts for all trades even something like dentists).
    But, as I don't expect them to be cheaper then IKEA, we will go, again, for the latter. There Kitchens are great and very good quality. We had an IKEA kitchen in the Netherlands and I know it's still in perfect working order after 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭mct1

We're getting a new kitchen at the moment so re buying appliances - we found it was better value to buy everything from our local electrical shop (Joyce's in Wexford) during a recent 10% off sale. DID in Kilkenny were slightly cheaper but they didn't have the same range of products and you had to buy what was on display in the shop. Joyce's were happy to order in products they don't normally stock (like the Zanussi fridge we saw in DID). The kitchen shops, including Cash and Carry all had a very limited range of products, although some of them were discounted. One of the salespeople told me they kept these mainly for busy people who didn't want to be bothered shopping and she was sure we could do better elsewhere! I'd shop around if I were you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

We got our kitchen last year through C&C in Sandyford. Queued for almost an hour to see someone and a bit of a used car salesman. However, they have such a good reputation that we stuck with it and are very happy with the end product. It's very much hit and miss with the fitters as they are independent contractors and are only listed (not necessarily recommended) by C&C... Another happy customer.

NB we bought our white goods through DID in Tallaght, had problems with the cooker and the freezer, DID wanted nothing to do with it and had to go around chasing manufacturers etc. Would never give DID a single euro again. Very unhappy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

C & C are fantastic, they did my mams kitchen they came when they said and it was all done in a day.

Just bought a house so gonna get wardrobes off them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Got my kitchen off them too - no bother and a great deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭DO0GLE

Found C&C great to deal with and was very happy with the result. They delivered on time and found them to be very efficient.
    The only problem I found was the fitter tried to slap another €50 onto his fee extra than what the salesman in the show room had quoted me. He also charged me an additional €30 for installing my extractor fan which I had bought from DID. This was an extra €80 which I had not budgeted for. I would recommend to anyone that they agree an exact fee with the fitter before agreeing to buying the kitchen. You then pay the fitter once the kitchen is installed and you're happy with his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Has anybody purchased a kitchen form C&C over the past few weeks? They keep delaying delivery of mine, was expecting it the week before last now it's next week at the earliest, they are saying their their manufacturing section was on builders holidays last week so there is a backlog.

Advertisement