Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HD question

• 17-04-2007 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Ok so i hook my Dvd/VCR with Tuner and i am connecting it using Component for better quality. My Tv accepts this also, and i have basic cable running to it right now and my DVd player says Component out for DVD only so i can't view the Cable programs through those wires.

I was just wondering if there is a way i can ?
    Maybe through a DvD player/recorder i know they have tuners in but will it allow me to present it through the component out to my Tv.

Thanx.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Is this a DVD Recorder you have ?

A component connection between the DVD recorder and TV will work but I don't follow when you say you want to watch TV through it ?

There would be no benefit in watching TV through the input on the DVD recorder & then piping it out through the component output and into the TV.

The DVD recorder should display the TV signal regardless when using component if you cycle through it's own inputs & it's something you can easily try yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

So OP you are saying that the dvd player is only allowing a DVD to be played via component, but when you try to view standard tv content via the same you cant due to the player limiting it?

If you have a dvd recorder it should allow it.
    You would essentially be viewing programs with your dvd recorder connected in series so that you can see what you are recording. The same also applys to HDD recorders where you would timeshift too.

[cable/sat input]
    >>[dvd recorder]
    >>[TV via component]

Advertisement