Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teaching council exam

Options
  • 17-04-2007 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello,
    I am doing the registration exam with the teaching council in 2 weeks, for secondary school teaching, the History of Education in Ireland one? so pointless, any one have any advice????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Didn't even realise you have to do an exam with them? Is it because you are qualified outside the state or does everyone have to do it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've never heard of any exam from the Teaching Council, but then, I've never heard anything from them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I'm registered with them but didn't have to do any exam, I think that's only if you trained abroad. We can't sign our contracts until we are registered in our school. New rule brought in this year, causing lots of problems I might add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 katrionawoods

yip its cos I did my dip in Belfast..

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

I done that subject in college not so long ago! Total bull****,remember some of it being about the establishment of the VEC system and various education acts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 amorespies

Hi there so I have to write this exam as well...any tips? Really struggling to gather the information!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

amorespies wrote: »
    Hi there so I have to write this exam as well...any tips? Really struggling to gather the information!

See top of the main page, there's a stickey on it. There's also some recent enough info on the types of questions asked. I'll PM you a link for the notes if ya wanna have a look. Check your messages top right beside your username.

Mod

Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement