Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontpage probems and suggestions!

Options
  • 17-04-2007 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

The Construction & Self Building & Architecture & Planning forum shows up on the frontpage(new posts section) sometimes and takes up most of the "forum" column making it hard to see some of the thread titles in the other columns section.

Also, each General election post appears twice on the frontpage. Both can be seen in the following screenshot.

todoua6.th.jpg

If the screenshot has problems i will rehost it. And if this has been discussed before the mods should delete this thread.

Edit: it would seem that i printscreened twice, making a weird overlapping image, dont mind that!! My bad.
    Edit2: Smaller Screenshot.
    blah2pw1.th.jpg
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

The Construction & Self Building & Architecture & Planning forum shows up on the frontpage(new posts section) sometimes and takes up most of the "forum" column making it hard to see some of the thread titles in the other columns section.

Ow, that hurts my eyes! [edit] I took away the [color] so that people can read it.

I actually thought this was fixed today, it seemed to wrap around on the computers I was using (so the 'Construction & Self Building' was on the first line, with the other 2 on the second line - think of what happens in Excel if it isn't clear), but I guess it's screen size dependent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Myth wrote:
    - think of what happens in Excel if it isn't clear), but I guess it's screen size dependent.

Ahh so its me resolution so??

Well, my guess is that it changes with the resolution (not that your resolution is a problem or anything) but at any rate I'm sure those with more information will give it shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Odd. This is the way it shows up for me.

167532844028275126372160_untitled.png

Ahh thats good, the issue with the construction..... is really only an annoyance. The general election 2x post thing could be looked into if it should ever happen to more forums.

Ruu: could be an issue with IE7, I'll try firefox.

Edit: Damn, the thread from that forum is not on the frontpage anymore.

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote:

Yep, that's what it looks like on the college 'puters I'm on now, but my laptop has it similar to Nick's :)

Ruu wrote:

Good god thats a lot of PM's! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

The life of an Smod ;)

Mine is the same as Ruu's anyway, the only reason I could imagine it happeng the other way would be res.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

All from his mammy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Some in there from July last year.:eek: *gets sweeping brush*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Kind've offtopic but i another issue there with the frontpage...

The timestamps for the posts on the frontpage are an hour behind - any reason for this? (using IE and Firefox)

Sure someone else must've noticed this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

SofaKing wrote:
    Kind've offtopic but i another issue there with the frontpage...

The timestamps for the posts on the frontpage are an hour behind - any reason for this? (using IE and Firefox)

Sure someone else must've noticed this :)
    Its the difference between GMT and BST. The frontpage is set to GMT, everthing else goes by your User CP, which is in BST. If you look down at the bottom of all pages bar the frontpage, you will see it is GMT+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ha, thats nothing.

And I still have a few to get through

The life of an AMod eh?

mwje4owxtztoqzijcf2n.jpg

I should really get cleaning them up

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

:(

I only have 300-odd. I feel like a loser now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Blowfish wrote:
    Its the difference between GMT and BST. The frontpage is set to GMT, everthing else goes by your User CP, which is in BST. If you look down at the bottom of all pages bar the frontpage, you will see it is GMT+1.
    Nice one, thanks.

That had been bugging me for a while now :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

*pm's spanky-s to add to his inbox woes*

Advertisement