Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mpg

Options
  • 17-04-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

hi guys what mpg can i expect from a merc 190e 2ltr auto, mostly short drives in the country no town driving thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

How short are the drives? If the engine is at normal temperature (so not very short drives), I'd expect 25-30MPG. On longer drives with reasonably constant speeds, I would hope to get better than that

PM mike65. He had a baby merc until about a year or so ago, although if I remember right, it was a manual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

18 to 25mpg depending on how you drive it, had one for 3 months years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bedamned, that's not good, junkyard. I get about that in my 3.5l V8 7-series doing mainly Dublin city traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Define 'short'. Also depends on: your driving style; speed; the load in the car; the tyres; and the condition and state of service of the engine.

Do not delude yourself here. Even though it is a small Mercedes, it is still a relatively heavy car with a two litre engine.

IMO you should be happy with 25+mpg, depending on the above factors. The '+' is your bonus, if the factors are favourable.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

18 to 25mpg !! :eek:

I'm getting at least 23 to 25 urban and 35+ on a run with a 2.3 Merc engine in a W124 (and I think it's the same engine as the 2.0, just "bigger"). That's with an auto-box too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

franksm wrote:
    18 to 25mpg !! :eek:

I'm getting at least 23 to 25 urban and 35+ on a run with a 2.3 Merc engine in a W124 (and I think it's the same engine as the 2.0, just "bigger"). That's with an auto-box too
    ya but I was apparently getting better mpg on my 2.5 litre engine in the 5 series than the equivalent 2.0 litre engine in the same car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I got about 30 mph average.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

mike65 wrote:
    I got about 30 mph average.

Mike.

You reckless boyracer, you !!

:D:D:D

Doh! :o

Actually the Audi trip computer say my average speed is 30 mph and my route has'nt changed! :p

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

mike65 wrote:
    D..the Audi trip computer say my average speed is 30 mph...
    Are you talking Audi or MB190 @ 30 mpg, mike?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

the Merc 190. My Audi A6 1.8 also does about 30 as it happens

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

thanks guys for going to the trouble of replying

Advertisement