Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S.C.G exam

• 17-04-2007 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I was hoping someone could answer a few questions. If you qualify for primary teaching in the U.K. (P.G.C.E.) you need to complete the S.C.G exam right? What kind of level is this at? I've looked at the website but it doesn't really give a good idea of level of Irish is required. I have honours Leaving Cert. Irish. You have five years to complete this exam? what kind of position are you in during this time? Are you payed on the full-time teacher payscale? What are the prospects like for such a graduate? Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 canislupus

COUGH ! cough ! cough !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carebare

Hello, sorry about the very delayed reply to this, new member an all. You've prob got ur answers by now, but just in case not: when you train in England, you must complete the SCG within 5 years. You do go up as normal on the pay scale until these 5 years are up so it makes no difference there. As for the SCG I did it a couple of years ago and it has changed slightly since then, with the inclusion of observation and some sort of project. I have honours Irish for the LC and to be honest, it does take a good bit of work and dedication but it is very do-able. It is supposed to be the equivalent of what the teachers who train in Ireland have to complete in exams and such. Hope this helps somewhat.

Advertisement