Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank lodgments

Options
  • 17-04-2007 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I put cash logment into my current account every week. My acc. is with bank of Ireland. They have this system of expresslogment where you put cash into envelope and drop it into a box. Every time I lodge money I check a bank statement online to ensure everything is ok. It was fine for couple of weeks, but then I noticed that one of my lodgments that was made two weeks ago just disappeared (it was there before), other lodgments that was done more recently still there.
    I went to bank to sort out the situation and they said that there is no mistake and said that they cant do anything about it…:eek: :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Whats the question? You do know that there is a South East section on this site, don't you?

Hi, I work with the aforementioned Bank. Send me your details and I shall remedy this for you

read spoiler
    if you fall for this, you're a moron :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Theres a banking forum for this, somewhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Paul_D

The question is what would be your suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They shouldn't be able to add something to your account and remove it without some sort of trail ...

Are you sure it wasn't a cheque which didn't clear or something and so didn't get credited to your account? (although I'm not sure how cheques which don't clear show up ..)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Do you have the receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You're saying a lodgement disappeared from your account history? Or was the money taken out again?

Both are extremely, extremely unlikely. The former would probably require access to the bank's central database.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Paul_D

It was a cash lodgment not a cheque. It disappeared from the statement like it never was there.
    There is no receipt, because i used expresslogment system (they insist on using that).

Sometimes they credit a lodgment twice, but then delete the second one. That time they credited me twice again and after few days the second entry was deleted and then a first one as well:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Paul_D wrote:
    It was a cash lodgment not a cheque. It disappeared from the statement like it never was there.
    There is no receipt, because i used expresslogment system (they insist on using that).

Sometimes they credit a lodgment twice, but then delete the second one. That time they credited me twice again and after few days the second entry was deleted and then a first one as well:(

The machine should print you out a receipt... you should have gotten one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I'm afraid if any bank *insists* that I use express lodgement services and won't see me at the counter, I simply will not be using that bank ever again.

I don't pay the bank enormous amounts of money every year to have them tell me to stick my money into an envelope and shove it in a post box.

That's how Bank of Ireland lost my current account! I found people patroling the queues going "you should use our express lodge system" and getting pestering and rather insistant about it. I just found that a bit much and stopped banking there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Paul_D wrote:

Hold on a minute. The lodgement slip has a receipt part to it. There is a six digit number on it. You can trace back the lodgement using the number and match the receipt to the docket you wrote out. Of course the bank will try to do their best to reunite you with your cash but if you dont have a receipt, you're making the job very very hard TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,496 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Know a mate who owns a rented house, tenant put rent money into mates account over the counter, stamped receipt and all, and not all the money ended up in my mates account. Its being sorted but bit slowly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Solair wrote:
    I'm afraid if any bank *insists* that I use express lodgement services and won't see me at the counter...

BOI also said that to me when I tried to lodge some cash and a cheque at the counter using my PASS card, my short term solution was to to to AIB, but my long term solution was to get a BOI "lodgement book" (its free), when they see it, and when you fill in the blanks, they will ldoge cash and cheques at the counter

Advertisement