Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Studies Centre

Options
  • 18-04-2007 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I was walking back from Clonskeagh there today and took a detour and ended up walking past this odd looking old building that i discovered to be the film studies center......its miles from the main campus like and its such a crap building! I'd say its just one room inside. Are there actually like lectures or something in there!?!?

Get $75 FREE to use at PartyPoker.com! Simply go to www.partystakers.com?bonus=2426 and use the code PPF75 in the referred by field when prompted and use APEX75 in the bonus code box Your credit/debit card details are not required whatsoever if you think it's a bit dodgy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

SirCretop wrote:
    I was walking back from Clonskeagh there today and took a detour and ended up walking past this odd looking old building that i discovered to be the film studies center......its miles from the main campus like and its such a crap building! I'd say its just one room inside. Are there actually like lectures or something in there!?!?

You should probably put that poker thing into your sig.

Anyway, AFAIK, it's for watching films, a sort of cinema. It's a very pretty building IMO, Roman looking. It's actually not that far from the library either, quite near Rape Lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

It's basically a cinema inside.

Incidentally the actual building used be in Trinity campus where there arts block is now. When it came to building the Arts block there they donated the building to UCD and it was demolished and rebuilt exactly the same way in UCD brick for brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

Ah yea it is right beside rape lane basically. Couple of us wandered down there last night for the craic to see if anyone would attack us! So there are actually lectures in that building so????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Yeah there are. I always park in the car park beside the Observatory (that's what it's called) and regularly see groups of students coming in and out of it.

It's hardly miles from the concourse btw, it's about a three minute walk to the library...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭stopyourshoppin

do only older years take lessons there? we've been sitting on the most uncomfortable seats known to mankind all year for 2 hours at a time peering over eachother shoulders

• Advertisement
Advertisement