Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie maker on Vista Home Premium

• 18-04-2007 7:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone using Moviemaker on Vista HP ? The reason I ask is that I am using it straight out of the box, trying to put together simple pieces of footage and I keep hitting problems. The symptom is that sometimes when I add a picture to a slideshow or a transition effect, the preview window stops working completely and I can do no more work. If I remove the insertion it sometimes (but not always) recovers. If I save the project, exit and reenter MM it sometimes (but not always) recovers. Am getting no error messages and google has not been able to help me ?

Anyone seen similar probs ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭wheatln2

Just for laughs (I usually use final cut pro 5), I decided to try out Movie Maker and actually found it to be OK. Though, I did only throw in some avis and jpgs to see how it worked. You could try getting one of these free solutions, http://tv.isg.si/site/?q=node/873 or even better, get yourself a copy of Adobe Premiero Pro (free trial version from Adobe.com, or you could try locate a full version by other means).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 skantflock

Windows movie maker is actually surprisingly easy to use and you can get decent results from it,the new version for vista adds HD support and a good few more effects and transitions

But it is only good when it works, I also ran into big problems while trying it out , it worked fine for about a week I even made a few 1080p vids from it , but then it packed up and I cant use it atol now, I can import files but when I try to edit anything it locks up totally and I have to close it down

Pretty annoying cause it was handy if you needed to put something together quickly, im sure microsoft will sort it out with a patch soon

Advertisement