Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connectiing Imagine Modem to Linksys router

Options
  • 18-04-2007 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Hoping someone can help me out. I've recenty been setup with Imagine and they've given my a DSL modem with a built-in DHCP server. What I want to do is connect this modem up to my Linksys WRT54GC router and connect to the internet on all machines connected to the router. I've plugged the ethernet from the modem into the 'internet' port of the router, but I'm still not getting internet via the router. I was told I need to set the modem to 'bridging mode'. I've checked the 'LAN' DHCP settings on the modem and there are 3 options: Server, None, Relay. I've tried them all but none seem to work. Can anyone help? I can't recall the exact make and model of the modem, but it's something like 'zytel' and there's a 600 in the model number if that helps.

When connected directly to the modem, I can access the internet and pings are ok. When I connect to the router, I cannot ping or access the internet. The router is fine as I've connected it to NTL broadband in the same way before.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

DC.

Advertisement