Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless provider help

Options
  • 18-04-2007 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

I am looking to get wireless BB from either digiweb or IBB as I am unable to get BB over my phone line. Currently I live in an appartment (halfway up) and am wondering if these providers would install the service for me.
    My problem is that the landlord is not to keen having an antena placed on the apartment. Has anyone else run into this issue. Is the landlord being difficult?
    Of I get him to come round to the idea will I require do planning permission? If not will the wireless provider require any kind of written permission from the landlord or council if planning permission is required. Or will the wireless provider even ask for this documentation?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You don't need planning permission, but you do need landlord's permisson to fit any external aerial to the side of the building.

If you have a window or balcony facing the mast you may be able to get an install without landlord's permission.

Generally no installer of any service will drill holes for cables or mounting bolts without written owner permission on rented property.

Advertisement