Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Project Word Count!!

Options
  • 18-04-2007 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Ok so I have just finished editing my geography project and my total word count is 1,009, nine words over the limit. I can't possibly cut out anything else from the project. Will I be punished for going a tad over the limit?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

nah i seriously doubt they count every single word! i did the geo project last year and got an a2 and was like 100+ words over but when flicking through the report it didn't look like i would have been over.....so as long as each page is not completely crammed with writing you'll get away with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

There has already been a thread about this. Iv got a word count of 918, im pretty proud of myself! The booklet looks empty because my writing is so small.
    On the other thread thers stories bout people going a good few hundred words over the count, and some still getting their A1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Mine's only 760...uh-oh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I think theres a certain amount of marks going for sticking to the word count. Theres the chance they wont count so you cud put down 1000 for your word count. I seriously doubt youd lose much for so few words over if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Mine is about 1200 words, but even with that have 1 page spare for Gathering data and 3/4's spare for the results/ evaluation and even have things well spread out.

I'm going to say i wrote 1007 words on the count :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kenzie

I doubt they count every single word with the amount of papers they have to mark so unless you went way over and it looked really obvious I wouldn't worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Mine's 1153, and it's sealed. Relax. You lose cohesion marks if it's obvious you went way over. It doesn't look like I did..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'm going to say i wrote 1007 words on the count :)

any chance youd get away with 997/998?? coz if u deliberately state its over 1000,youll probably lose a few marks.:confused:
    mine was like 1015 or sumting.....so i just wrote 994!seemd like a nice,believable number! :D:D
    Mine is about 1200 words, but even with that have 1 page spare for Gathering data and 3/4's spare for the results/ evaluation and even have things well spread out.

ya for aims,planning and results i use my normal small-ish handwriting.
    for gathering information:big monster letters!!! very subtle!! :D

Advertisement