Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to get a "Gold" number with Vodafone Bill Pay and need it quickly

• 18-04-2007 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi all

Does any of the Mods of this particular forum work with Vodafone?

I need to get a "gold" (easy to remember) number with them on bill pay for a new business in the next few days and I was wondering if it could be done this quickly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Saskia wrote:
    Hi all

Does any of the Mods of this particular forum work with Vodafone?

I need to get a "gold" (easy to remember) number with them on bill pay for a new business in the next few days and I was wondering if it could be done this quickly?

I dunno what vodafone are like but when i was with o2 i certainly arranged gold numbers for a customer or two....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

AFAIK you have to speak the Vodafone agent store who contact their Area Manager who has a list of the golden numbers available. Once you find one that suits you can be connected more or less immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Saskia, did you get the numer?

I would love to get 087-7777777 :)

Does anyone here work in vodafone or o2 :), if so please contact me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

drdre wrote:
    Saskia, did you get the numer?

I would love to get 087-7777777 :)

Does anyone here work in vodafone or o2 :), if so please contact me

Imagine all the prank calls...

Imagine all the prank calls...

I dont mind the prank calls.:D

• Advertisement

Come on guys someone here is working for/ knows someone working for o2 or vodafone.
    Get us a favour for a golden number. Are we not buddies on this website :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

drdre wrote:
    Come on guys someone here is working for/ knows someone working for o2 or vodafone.
    Get us a favour for a golden number. Are we not buddies on this website :)

Why dont you just ring Vodafone - as to speak to someone in SME/Corporate

slegs wrote:
    Why dont you just ring Vodafone - as to speak to someone in SME/Corporate
    Yeah im going to do that next week, i thought i would find out from here as it would be easier if someone had contact within the company.It would be less hassle.I dont mind going onto the highest tariff vodafone have for one year if i get the right number i want.

#Elites wrote:
    087 087 087 7

:d
    :) Thats a good number

so saskia, did you get a golden number or not?
    Keep us updated.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

there's some ok numbers on EBay...more silver than gold though

jrey1981 wrote:
    there's some ok numbers on EBay...more silver than gold though

yeah i was looking on ebay, nothing amazing.
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/xtradeals4u_GOLD-MOBILE-NUMBERS_IRELAND_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ7404182QQftidZ2QQtZkm
    There is one here but the guys is fraud so stay clear.
    I bidded for a while but then realised he is a proper scammer.but its a great number :eek:
    http://www.auction.ie/auctiondetails.php?id=104648

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Saskia

drdre wrote:
    so saskia, did you get a golden number or not?
    Keep us updated.
    Thanks

What a complete pain in the ass.

I ring Vodafone, they tell me I must deal with a rep in one of the shops. I go into 2 different reps and they tell me to ring Vodafone! So I tell them to let me ring them from the shop and I let them argue it out between themselves :)

Turns out, from what Ive gleamed from this, is that A) Vodafone havent a clue how to pick up new business from a new business and B) The best they can do is let you go through the Bill Pay SIM packs in the stores to see if there's a decent number.

Either that or all concerned are talking sh!te.

Thanks for the PM Dre, I didnt get a chance to reply but that number isnt really good enough. Cheers anyway.

I never thought of Ebay, as an Ebay virgin are there many on there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Saskia

drdre wrote:
    yeah i was looking on ebay, nothing amazing.
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/xtradeals4u_GOLD-MOBILE-NUMBERS_IRELAND_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ7404182QQftidZ2QQtZkm
    There is one here but the guys is fraud so stay clear.
    I bidded for a while but then realised he is a proper scammer.but its a great number :eek:
    http://www.auction.ie/auctiondetails.php?id=104648

How do you know he's a scammer?

Saskia wrote:
    What a complete pain in the ass.

I ring Vodafone, they tell me I must deal with a rep in one of the shops. I go into 2 different reps and they tell me to ring Vodafone! So I tell them to let me ring them from the shop and I let them argue it out between themselves :)

Turns out, from what Ive gleamed from this, is that A) Vodafone havent a clue how to pick up new business from a new business and B) The best they can do is let you go through the Bill Pay SIM packs in the stores to see if there's a decent number.

Either that or all concerned are talking sh!te.

Thanks for the PM Dre, I didnt get a chance to reply but that number isnt really good enough. Cheers anyway.

I never thought of Ebay, as an Ebay virgin are there many on there?

That sound like you are fustrated :)
    There are afew on ebay but not that good.they arent golden numbers they are really silver numbers :)

http://stores.ebay.ie/xtradeals4u_GOLD-MOBILE-NUMBERS_IRELAND_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ7404182QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Saskia wrote:
    How do you know he's a scammer?

Because he wants money through western union hes in poland with and irish number.you have no come back once money is sent.you cant trace it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The information the guys given in the photo would be enough to prove ownership of an account with most Irish operators. Seems bizzare he'd post all the PINs etc.

Anyone, what's golden to one person isn't golden to the next. Why don't you pick a number you want and call Vodafone business and see if it's available.

Otherwise, why don't you spend a few hours travelling between Vodafone stores in Dublin looking for a number you like on their prepay packs. Then buy the number and port it to billpay.

ciaranfo wrote:
    The information the guys given in the photo would be enough to prove ownership of an account with most Irish operators. Seems bizzare he'd post all the PINs etc.

Anyone, what's golden to one person isn't golden to the next. Why don't you pick a number you want and call Vodafone business and see if it's available.

Otherwise, why don't you spend a few hours travelling between Vodafone stores in Dublin looking for a number you like on their prepay packs. Then buy the number and port it to billpay.

The only problem is vodafone are very picky as to who they give golden numbers to.I dont think shops will be given golden numbers to sell.it would go through there business dept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

drdre wrote:
    Because he wants money through western union hes in poland with and irish number.you have no come back once money is sent.you cant trace it

Here's an Irish guy selling a golden sim dre linky and he even takes paypal.

My ex works in the Vodafone marketing department and I got a golden number for myself and my brother through her...It has to go through Business managers and the shops have no say in it. Usually the only people who get them are business accounts large enough to have a Vodafone account manager assigned to them or high profile individuals!

My ex works in the Vodafone marketing department and I got a golden number for myself and my brother through her...It has to go through Business managers and the shops have no say in it. Usually the only people who get them are business accounts large enough to have a Vodafone account manager assigned to them or high profile individuals!

Santa claus thats my number im selling :)
    Im looking for one with 7's, can you ask if you can get me one.I would appricate it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

drdre wrote:
    Santa claus thats my number im selling :)
    Im looking for one with 7's, can you ask if you can get me one.I would appricate it :D

Sorry dre but that's definitely a NO.
    Notice my use of the word "ex".....getting a Gold number from her would involve me doing things that I do not wish to do :eek: even for a mate and i don't know you at all!

Just sold the number :), not through ebay.

Sorry dre but that's definitely a NO.
    Notice my use of the word "ex".....getting a Gold number from her would involve me doing things that I do not wish to do :eek: even for a mate and i don't know you at all!

no problem

dre, how'd you get that number in the first place? I really want to know!

dre, how'd you get that number in the first place? I really want to know!

I got them through a friend. my number is 08X- 222222X , That was just my spare sim that i sold.there really hard to find and the price can be really high for some of them but its a one time investment.

You sound like you're trying to sell me one. ;)

You sound like you're trying to sell me one. ;)

No none left i only had 2.Sorry.I dont think i will ever have them again as there REALLY hard to find.

Advertisement