Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Irish Times Coverage of BB failures.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

And again a picture of TJ McIntyre instead of me. Still, he'll attract the ComReg snipers, not me. :)

The Oireachtas Report is coming out at 4 and judging from the leaks in the past few days/weeks, it will slam the MANs and GBSs. I'm worried it will give the GBS projects a bad name and say they took too long when in reality Dempsey froze the whole thing in April 2005. Group Broadband Schemes worked, if for nothing more than it has made eircom go into every area where a GBS was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If I'm not mistaken, these reports have said the same thing for years. Very little has changed. Are these reports of any use?

This "new" report suggests a nationwide broadband tender. Dempsey has already announced this. This "new" report says the GBS is a failure, Dempsey has said the same but as usual blamed the consumers. If only I could discern a pattern...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Blaster99 wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken, these reports have said the same thing for years. Very little has changed. Are these reports of any use?
    the main difference is that theres an election coming up
    a time when things get done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

A time when promises are made, you mean. This stuff isn't going to feature as an issue in the election in any event.

Advertisement