Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problems going on internet over wifi usb key

• 18-04-2007 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭

i installed a wifi usb key on my mates desktop computer, the wifi key is installed and is connected to the router however neither firefox or internet explorer will connect using it,
    i haven't used a windows machine in a while so im unsure of how to get it working properly, any ideas?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Is their a third party firewall present could it be blocking net access ?

Is the router manually or auto configured if manually with fixed IP's you would need to change the settings of the WiFi adapter so it could work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

the only firewall i was aware of was the one inbuilt in xp so i had disabled that.
    its an eircom router i think, arn't they auto configured?
    thanks for the reply too.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well re-enable the XP firewall if that's the case just to be on the safe side.

Is the router using MAC filtering as that's another reason why you can join a WiFi network even with a password but cannot surf the net because the MAC address of the WiFi card has not been added to the white list on the router.

You'll have to go into the router config & check to see if it is enabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

you were right about the router being the root of the problem!
    thanks for the help!
    :)

Advertisement