Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rabbit trouble??

Options
  • 18-04-2007 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

i have had my rabbit for 6months now but shes still very frisky and scratches and bites...we pick her up properly everyday and give her treats...is it a good idea to get a second, we live in an apartment with a big balcony and her hutch is huge with a huge run and grass patch, its like a palace but i dont think we could fit another huge hutch, what is involved in getting another rabbit...will it make her happier?

any advice would be really appricated, thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Some rabbits can get like that it can be partly hormonal if she isn't spayed I suggest you get her done by a reliable small animal vet. Especially if you are getting her a friend later on.

Here's a link to our bunny page for more info.

http://www.freewebs.com/guineapigcottage/ourrabbitpage.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

We recently introduced a new rabbit into our home so now we have two- the other is 18 months and was very, VERY aggressive until we had her spayed last month.

Two female rabbits will live happily together in a large hutch but they need to be properly introduced to eachother over time. Spayed rabbits (or a spayed adult and unaltered baby/adolescent) are the easiest to get living happily together. Let them meet on neutral territory- don't just leave them in the hutch together. Keep them separate for the first few days until they get used to eachother. We bought a large cat transporting box that was big enough for the baby rabbit and, at night, we put her into this and into the big hutch so the two rabbits could get used to seeing and smelling eachother but couldn't fight.

Playing with her every day is the best make to get her to be more friendly. I'd suggest lying down on the floor and play with her and give her treats there- it encourages her to come over to you and get rewarded for doing so. If she doesn't like being picked up in the first place, doing this will only distress her more until she gets more used to you.

Advertisement