Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

urgent help needed

• 18-04-2007 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

my two year old got at my phone now i have what looks like headset symbol in the center of the screen , i can ring out but thats it call goes dead as soon as it's answered my phone is a Nokia 6101 please help i cannot ring support or anything

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

ROCKMAN wrote:
    my two year old got at my phone now i have what looks like headset symbol in the center of the screen , i can ring out but thats it call goes dead as soon as it's answered my phone is a Nokia 6101 please help i cannot ring support or anything

Rockman, looks likes your two year olds drool has gotten into your phone and done something to it. Bring it into a phone shop for them to send it for repair (which if its possible there will probably be a charge for). Or alternatively just look up the website of your network and get a customer care number there which you can call from a landline......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

check that there isn't anything joining any pins on the headphone port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I would start by taking out the battery, putting the battery back in and switching on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ROCKMAN wrote:
    sounds like moisture damage tbh. you can send it off for repair with the place you bought it but its unlikely they'll do it. if its o2, try getting them to swap it out. they have a good swap out policy. don't tell them your two year old got at it.

if you want to ring support:

o2 prepay: 1850 60 17 47
    o2 bill: 1909

voda prepay: 1850 20 87 87
    voda bill: 1907

meteor pre and bill: 1905

but they'll just tell you to go to a shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Is it not just in a headset profile? So calls don't route through the speaker hence it going dead?
    Or does the phone actually go dead?
    Don't know about the model but usually a short press of the power button gives you option to switch profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Thanks all got it fixed neighbour's teenager fixed it .Dirt (dust) in connection .My kid turn headset on but dust was not letting it turn off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ROCKMAN wrote:
    Thanks all got it fixed neighbour's teenager fixed it .Dirt (dust) in connection .My kid turn headset on but dust was not letting it turn off.
    ooo lucky. most times when the headset icon won't go away its because moisture has broken the connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Well the neighbour's lad use hairdryer on low to clean it, so u could be right, may have dry any moisture up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Plug a headset in and plug it out again. This sometimes works.

Advertisement