Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOW ON.....Clare FM

Options
  • 18-04-2007 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

www.clarefm.ie

DC of NRAI on talking about gun crime and Licence Fees.

UPDATE... A quick summary of what was covered ,
    To all involved , forgive me if I leave anything out.

DC made some very good points about how Licenced firearms users are not involved in Gun Crime.
    That the media reported crimes are carried out using illegal firearms and are unconnected with sport shooters.
    It touched on the situation in VA ... Once again David explained the differences between the very stringent requirements
    for gun ownership here and the almost unregulated position stateside.

He stated that he, his fellow shooters and other shooting bodys fully supported working with the Gardai to ensure the ongoing safety and training of new shooters.

He mentioned the unfair training licence costs.

There was another Chap on ...Ex-Army , Pretty much backed him up.
    Later on another chap ...A firearms dealer in Clare .. (I think) made some other generally supportive comments.

Overall a fairly positive outcome ,

Funny thing was when the firearms dealer was being introduced ,
    it was as an "Arms Dealer" ..I nearly choked on my Coffee... :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Can't connect to their streaming server, any chance of a synopsis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Still on

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

well what happened ????? is it still on ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

jaycee wrote:
    www.clarefm.ie

DC of NRAI on talking about gun crime

He was also on Corks 96FM on wednesday on gun crime

TJ911...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Anyone able to relate the jist of how it went?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

civdef wrote:
    Anyone able to relate the jist of how it went?

DONE...! :)

Check back to the original .. (1st) post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Unregulated position Stateside....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

MP3 of this now available. It's 3.2Mb in size, be warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

One of these days.I REALLY MUST do a ten myths about gun ownership in America post here.:eek:

The gun dealer had a most unique interpertation of our excluded persons of the firearms acts1925.:eek:

Dr "Clonan could do with some drug awareness.:rolleyes: 10 gramms of Charlie...You wont be able to say Gun...Not to mind fire or do anything else with it with that lot aboard.And a bit of reality in where we are living,Ireland,not East LA.:eek:

Chap from the rifle association made the most sense and was the most factual of the whole lot of them,apart from the "Moores paradise of gun controlled Canada,"fallacy.Canada had a few shootings in universities as well.
    Despite stringent gun control.

All this in the US distracted from trying to get the message across about the fee increase,and a presenter who seemed to want monosybilic rednecks,who would grunt on the radio.
    7/10
    7/10

Advertisement