Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maltana? WTF?

• 18-04-2007 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

OK, Butterkrust Maltana. Bought one today for the first time in years. It's dry, pale and almost fruitless. Does my memory betray me, or didn't it used to be moist, chewy and fruity?

Has another of my favourite foods been modernised out of flavour - like Tayto Cheese and Onion, Hula Hoops, fresh bread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

nipplenuts wrote:
    OK, Butterkrust Maltana. Bought one today for the first time in years. It's dry, pale and almost fruitless. Does my memory betray me, or didn't it used to be moist, chewy and fruity?

Has another of my favourite foods been modernised out of flavour - like Tayto Cheese and Onion, Hula Hoops, fresh bread?

Agreed

We got two last weekend expecting the moist chewy sultana rich bread/cake of old.

As with you all we got was a dry and fruitless(well almost) small pan!.

A malted granary loaf would have been not only chepaer but also nicer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn I bought some the other day and thought it was rather tasty.

Advertisement