Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheffield Stand

Options
  • 18-04-2007 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

all this talk about bike theft...Does anyone know where I can source a sheffield stand in Ireland - I want a secure and tidy place to lock my bike in the front garden

http://www.sekura-byk.co.uk/frm_stand.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

VinDevo wrote:
    all this talk about bike theft...Does anyone know where I can source a sheffield stand in Ireland - I want a secure and tidy place to lock my bike in the front garden

http://www.sekura-byk.co.uk/frm_stand.htm

I don't know where you live, but if you are living anywhere in Dublin, I wouldn't even consider leaving your bike in the front Garden, locked or not.
    People will just take bits and pieces from it - I'm sure you've seen the state of some of the bikes that may have been left in a street over night. The amount of naked warped frames locked to railings with just the chain hanging off is unreal.

It might be ok if it is obscured by bushes or something, but I would strongly advise alternative parking for your bike - it WILL be stolen or damaged.

I haven't seen those stands here, but www.evanscycles.com or www.chainreactioncycles.com might have something that would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I have to move house soon* and I have 3 bikes..... It's going to be a nightmare finding somewhere to live isn't it?

* rent a room in Dublin and "home" i.e. the Mortgage is elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a company in Malahide that is the agent for a UK manufacturer. I'll see if I can find details.

Advertisement